“Great stop ”

Pearson Deli
Ranked #892 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Quaint little "hole in the wall". I had a pastrami on sourdough, wife had a roast beef on sourdough. Drinks and a bag of chips. 2 deviled eggs, and a tuna pepper. $23. Nice little quiet table outside over looking a harbor. Its a ma and pa shop that makes you feel good to support. Nothing extraordinary, but you wont be dissappointed.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I wouldn't have known this was a deli if I hadn't found it on a review site. The local people who work on the boats seem to use it. Not a great deal of choice but the bacon on an English muffin was nice. We sat on a little terrace overlooking the Marina.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was on Shelter Island for the weekend. I didn't expect the deli to be open on a sunday so I was pleasantly surprised. What a hard-working couple. Ad always the sandwiches were huge & yummy. Grab your picnic lunch here & head for Shelter Island Beach!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm not a sandwich person. I'm Asian so I still generally go for noodles and rice for my carb requirements :) but this deli changed they way I look at sandwiches! I read some good reviews about this place prior to our trip and decided to get some sandwiches here for our visit to the zoo and the Safari Park. We first came in on a Sunday and tried to get an order for our trip to the Safari Park but there was a 30 minute wait going on to get your order. I could see piles of sandwiches on the counter waiting for pick up! The sandwiches must be that good, I thought. I asked for their number so I could call ahead. We picked up our sandwich the following day for our trip to the zoo... Even if the BLT sandwich has been sitting for hours in our backpack, when we had it for lunch the bacon was still crispy! It was the BEST BLT I've ever had. I don't think I can enjoy any other BLT anymore because of Pearson's. This is the first place I will go to if I ever set foot on Shelter Island again.

1  Thank ditz_8
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I picked up a friend from the airport at midday and she was hungry after her flight from the east coast, so we were going to stop at another deli that I had been to before, grab a sandwich, and have a picnic lunch on Shelter Island, but the other deli had gone out of business.

I stumbled across Pearson Deli at the fuel pier and we decided to give it a try. I'm glad that we did.

The staff is very friendly and engaging, and willing to do most anything you ask. The sandwiches are made from fresh bread and fresh ingredients making them delicious. The sandwiches are quite large and one sandwich could easily be split between two people, giving you great value for your money.

So now when I have out of town guests arriving at the airport, and they're up for a meal and scenic introduction to San Diego, I stop at Pearson's, get something "to go," and head over to one of the picnic tables along Shelter Island, and enjoy lunch in the sunshine as the boats move up and down the harbor. (It makes quite the impression on first-time visitors!)

Pearson's now has another loyal customer.

1  Thank zed1958