“Great neighborhood joint”
Review of Mystic Mocha

Mystic Mocha
Ranked #50 of 99 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Description: Located in University Heights, Mystic Mocha is an urban oasis cultivating health and community through whole foods, peaceful atmosphere and friendly service. Our ingredients are locally sourced and organic when possible including eggs from pasture raised chickens. All dishes are always crafted with Love. All dishes can be made gluten free and/or vegan upon request. We wish you and yours peace & love and we are grateful for your support. Thank You. Open 7 days 6:45am-1:00pm AND Thurs. Fri. Sat. 5:00pm-8:00pm.
Greenbrae, California
“Great neighborhood joint”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Creative coffee drinks and delicious breakfast foods made this a great visit. I had a veggie scramble with spinach, etc. which was wonderful. The oatmeal came loaded with fresh berries and a Milky Way Mocha was flavorful and not overly sweet.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TX_Katie_O

San Jose, California
“31 Flavors of Mocha & the food is GREAT!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Delicious! My husband had the Gorgonzola wrap and I had the blue corn chiquila. Two dishes we have never had before and they were both great. My husband asked the barista to surprise him for his mocha and he was both surprised and grinning after the first sip. Our only regret is that we didn't discover this place earlier in our week long vacation to San Diego.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Simona K
zpeck@cox.net
“Throw back to my "Hippie" past”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband had the morning off and I was not committed to anyone or anything, so we opted for breakfast out. We NEVER eat breakfast out during the work week. Some friends had posted that they had eaten at Mystic Mocha in University Heights. Turns out our friend lived in the area for awhile. This place is NOT easy to miss. It is on a diagonal street and it is so funky looking. Nothing matches and although smack in the middle of a residential area, it just seems to fit. It is small inside where you order at the counter with limited seating 10 at most. It has seating outside under some umbrellas. EVERYONE there is friendly. Not chit chat friendly just "welcome to our place hope you like it, " friendly. I ordered a chorrizo wrap and added avocado and sour cream and could not finish it. My husband ordered some granola and ate the rest of my wrap. I hear the spinach wrap is excellent. My coffee was good. I don't like chocolate so I didn't get what they are famous for...all the different mocha drinks. (I know, don't trust someone who doesn't like chocolate. Sorry, I had to put that out there.) However, my husband did and enjoyed his large cup of some sort of mocha. Prices are reasonable and servings are decent. I love having leftovers. (But not this trip with hubby in tow.) I would imagine that on weekends or earlier in the morning they'd be packed. I am sure they'd do a nice lunch trade too. Anyway, plan to "take away" as they say in England and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Tiayolanda
southern california
“Neighborhood Favorite”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

It is off of the beaten path, but worth seeking out if you are looking for a friendly spot to enjoy breakfast or lunch. The food is always prepared fresh and includes a nice selection of scrambles, hot cakes and Mexican dishes. The drink menu includes a long list of coffee drinks (including ...what a surprise...lots of variations on "mocha") plus freshly squeezed fruit juices. Be prepared to compete for space with locals and their dogs; but everyone is friendly and mello in a typically San Diego way. Prices are reasonable and service is efficient. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank cedric09
Maputo, Mozambique
“Lovely little dog friendly neighboorhood unpretentious place”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a pretty nice place to walk to and have a san diego style breakfast or lunch. dont expect italian quality cappucino, but then, you cant get that anywhere in san diego...

• Visited August 2011