“Great and Cheap Pasta Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Capriotti's
Ranked #3,205 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Soups
Singapore, Singapore
“Great and Cheap Pasta Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

We found this quaint little pasta cafe in San Diego amongst expensive restaurants, and decided to give it a shot. It was fantastic! Of my 4 months stay in California, I dare say this cafe offers one of the best and cheap food, and definitely top-notch service, even better than so-called restaurants elsewhere!

Our server was an Austrian called Florian who was very enthusiastic in introducing us to the menu, and even showed us what a Zucchini is when we weren't sure.

Furthermore, when there was a miscommunication in the food order, he gladly refunded me the difference, even though the food has been cooked and served to me. The portions are huge too! It was definitely a lot more than the pastas served in other pasta restaurants.

All pastas and a drink come at $7. Same price for salads. I tried their fresh basil pesto sauce and I think it is wonderful!

Their website is at vivapasta.com. Check it out and decide for yourself!

They serve low fat brownies and choc fudge too, but I was too full to try it.

I think they have a few branches in La Jolla and Downtown San Diego. Check the website to find the addresses.