“Fantastic Sailing Instruction”

Learn to Sail San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take a 3 hour private Introduction to Sailing course on a 2017 37' Beneteau sailboat. Groups up to 4. You will participate in safely sailing, docking and maneuvering Tenacious under the careful instruction of a award winning American Sailing Association Instructor and United States Coast Guard licensed captain. Longer lessons available as well.
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Our family of four (mom, dad and two teens) spent a week living and sailing aboard the lovely yacht Tenacious certifying in ASA 101, 103, 104. We had worried we wouldn't be able to cover so much material, but Captain Lee Pearce was a great instructor! He sent us the books to study ahead of time (recommended!). He was patient with us, answered all our questions, gave us great experience on the water, and met our other needs for supplies and transport. This is the ONLY way to learn to sail! Our little family feels confident that we can tackle a fun sailing adventure. Thanks Lee!

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a 3-day sailing instruction with Captain Lee Pierce, who is a great teacher. He taught us the skills and gave us the confidence to sail. We were coming from Arizona, so we were allowed to sleep on the beautiful new boat at night. We scheduled the certification ahead of time so Lee could send us the course books to study before we arrived (American Sailing Association course 101 and 103). Captain Lee was very patient with us, and we had a lot of fun each day. It feels great to be able to sail! We are excited to try out our new skills. Highly recommended!

luv2sail40, Owner at Learn to Sail San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Hi Loren,

I know it's been awhile, but I want to thank you for your wonderful review in Trip Advisor. I hope you've had time and opportunity to sail since your class. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Lee

Reviewed February 12, 2016

Mike and I sailed with Lee Pearce last week and had a fabulous time! Whether you have 3 hours or 3 days, this is a great way to enjoy San Diego! We saw whales, dolphins, sea lions,and all the other attractions of San Diego Bay. Don't forget your sunglasses!

Hi Patti,

I hope you and Mike are doing well, and still considering buying a boat. I know it's been a while but I want to thank you for your nice review on Trip Advisor. It helps me a lot in promoting my business.

Lee