“Best Sushi I have had”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a fun sushi place. The sushi is great. The place is run by Koreans...
It seems to always be pretty busy which means fresh fish!

DONT get any kind of combo. The chicken teriyaki is gross!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great place to go in PB for sushi!! Prices are average and the saki bombs are great!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Having been there before, I knew about the loud music and club-like atmosphere and was unfazed by it. This time we had a group and I was glad you got there when we did (about 5:45ish on a Friday night), because it was packed with a line by the time we left just before 7. One of the best sushi places I've found in San Diego (but be prepared for the atmosphere).

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I went here with family last night for dinner. We had a party 5 adults and 3 kids. With a reservation called in ahead of time, we were seated immediately.

The food was pretty good and I wouldn't hesitate to rate it at least a strong 4 out of 5.

The big disappointment was the atmosphere. Part of the dinning experience is to enjoy good food with good company. The latter was reduced to nothing as we had to shout over the extremely loud music that was more appropriate for a bar/club than a restaurant. When I go out to eat, I enjoy talking to the folks at my table. That's impossible here. When I asked if they could turn it down, the waitress was extremely polite and said she would, "a little." But it made no difference. If you've ever had to wait for your table at the bench by the door right below a speaker, your ears would have hurt.

Many reviewers say that this place offers great atmosphere without explaining why. I'm here to say this place offers a terrible atmosphere and am letting any potential visitor know why (based on my opinion of course) so you can make a wise decision.

For me, going out to eat with friends or family is a combination of good food and good conversation. Unfortunately you won't get that combo here. This place needs to decide if it's a dining establishment or a club but it's nigh impossible to be both at once.

1  Thank phuocsandiego
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This place has great sushi and a fun atmosphere. During prime dinner hour, be prepared for loud party music. On the weekends you may have tout your name in a list and wait a little while. Bring your ID.