WINNER WONDERLAND

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Point Loma
San Diego
“New twist on the Surf Taco Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Sort of a rip off of the Rubio's theme--but different enough menu to justify a visit. Shrimp dishes are great.

Visited October 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“When we visit San Diego we always stop here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

When we visit San Diego from Ohio we always stop at Wahoo's, usually at the Point Loma location. I love the grilled cajan fish platter. Where else can you get this type of fish taco's? It comes with beans and brown rice. There is a surfer ambiance that complements the food; very coastal California.

Visited May 2012
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Good for a cheap and fast meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

It's not expensive and the quality is good for what you get. Their salsa is pretty flavourful. The only thing I didn't like was my rice and beans arrived lukewarm/cold but that was easily remedied by the server putting it in the microwave for a minute.

Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
“Okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

Okay

“Great tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Great little shop, loved the casual vibe. I ordered the 2 carne asada tacos platter (black beans and rice) and my husband ordered the 2 charbroiled fish taco platter. We each got a beer. He got a Corona and I tried a local beer called Woody. The check out girl even offered to let me try it after I asked her how did it taste! Great customer service. I tasted it and ordered one. Great sipping beer on a hot day. We sat outside to enjoy the breeze and sunshine. Loved seeing how dog owners just walked right in with their dogs. SD is a dog friendly city. The food came out fast and the portions were huge! I couldn't even finish it. The tacos were fresh tasting and perfect. Oh, and did I mention we paid under $20 for everything? Loved it.