“Great service, huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dimille's

Dimille's
Ranked #1,304 of 4,724 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Roanoke, VA
“Great service, huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went for a late lunch and had linguine in white clam sauce (they offer both red and white sauces). Clams looked canned but judging from the size of the portion, they must have used two cans and overall this was quite tasty. The service was outstanding--my waiter was attentive without over-hovering and the manager had come out and had an extended conversation with the party in the booth behind mine. Prices were very reasonable. Although I did not try their brunch, any brunch that offers bottomless Bellinis has to be great!

• Visited September 2012

Torrance
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice patio dining. Friendly waiters. Family atmosphere and environment. Salads are fresh and tasty, pasta is also very nice. Parking almost impossible in lot, but you can find it on the street.

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Too Bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We live close to DiMille's and have taken out pizza a couple of times before. Was hankering for some Italian last week, didn't want to make it at home and didn't want to go too far afield to find someplace to eat out. So we thought we'd try DiMille's. Restaurant was crowded (it was Friday night) with a line for tables and a private party in full swing out back. We went to the bar to get a drink while we waited for our table. The bar service was a travesty. My husband's "martini" was a muddy looking pour of something in an old-fashioned glass, no twist in sight. My "manhattan" was pink (???). As nearly as I could tell, the bartender had put some vermouth and some bitters in the glass and had forgotten the bourbon. We both ordered top-shelf call brands, and both drinks were awful. Would have returned them but couldn't get near the bar and couldn't get the attention of anyone serving in the bar. Were eventually seated at our table where things went from bad to worse. I do not write bad restaurant reviews, but my dinner (chicken marsala) was so salty it was inedible. If you could have gotten past the salt, the poor preparation would have made it inedible anyway. To their credit, the server was terrific and when it became obvious that dinner was inedible, the assistant manager took my dinner off the bill which we did not ask them to do. They must be doing fine, because the line was still out the door when we left, but we thought it was a shame that the bar and the kitchen fell so inexcusably short of the mark. Maybe it's ok if you just stick to beer and pizza? Anyway, we won't be back.

• Visited June 2012
California
“Excellent, genuinely Italian cuisine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I visited DiMille's for the first time, using an online coupon. We would never have gone to this jewel of a restaurant otherwise, mostly because it is in such an inconspicuous location and one could easily pass it on the street because of it's size. However, we were pleasantly surprised and I would consider DiMille's to be one of those "hole in the wall" places that have, over the years, built a steady and loyal fan-base.
We did have to wait outside, only because the entrance is very small, and our wait was about 15-20 min.
Once inside, we were treated like royalty. The service was very fast, efficient and our waiter was terrific. He got the order perfect without writing anything down, and was attentive to our every need. The food was hot, delicious, genuinely Italian and the generous serving sizes allowed for a second meal at home the next day.
I have given it 4 stars because of one thing ~ we called the restaurant prior to making our reservations and once someone finally answered, we were put on hold for several minutes, and then very abruptly told that they didn't take reservations and NOT to come at such and such a time because the lines outside the door were long. First impressions are everything in the resaurant industry, and based on the rude way someone answered the phone, the only reason we went ahead was because of the coupon we had purchased.
That said, I totally recommend DiMille's if you can look past the what could be minor inconveniences (lack of parking, line outside the door w/no seating, etc.).

• Visited November 2011
Montgomery, Alabama
“Affordable delicious and neighborly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Went to a late lunch with a good friend here after enjoying it several times with my significant other and family members. I live in the neighborhood and my friend was visiting from out of town and wanted Italian food. Plenty of pretentious Italian restaurants around town, but I knew this place would satisfy what he was looking for, and I really like this spot. My favorite is the eggplant parmigiana, which I have tried to copy at home but just can't get it to taste nearly as good! He ordered personal pizza and lasagna, which I suggested and he really dug into. I like that they have vegetable or meat sauce choice. Wine selection was very good (try the Chianti) and of course the dessert case, awesome! The garlic bread could use a bit more garlic, but thats just me, I guess, since I like a lot of garlic with Italian food. Service was great and friendly, as usual, dinnertime is really busy here so try to get in early. Parking can be kind of tight in the lot, but street parking is usually available. Outdoor dining area is a great option for summertime and groups. Will be returning again soon with coworkers next week.

• Visited August 2011