“Best Sushi Bar”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Arrive by 5 PM and sit at the Sushi Bar for the best Sushi you've experienced in San Diego! If you prefer restaurant dining, you're in for a treat as well. It is usually very busy, so make a reservation for the restaurant. No reservations taken for the Sushi Bar.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019

See the review for Shien of Osaka. It is the same excellent restaurant with a different name. Everything here is excellent and the staff is especially friendly and knowledgeable.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

I lived in the area 10 years ago and Shien of Osaka was my absolute favorite. Have had some good sushi across the country but nothing compares. I was apprehensive when i saw the name had changed but went anyway. I was ecstatic to see some of the same Sushi Chefs and my favorite (Albacore Special) still on the picture menu. It tasted even better than i remembered! Definitely recommend!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2018

This place is nestled in at the back of a huge strip, part of 4 large buildings. It is at K11 spot towards the back next to a few other international cuisine eateries.
They open at 11:30 (holiday hours sign). I arrived 10 minutes early. They were not open yet, they were cleaning the windows.
Finally, they opened and we entered. Not long after, a few other customers came and we all started ordering. The food came it quick. They were ready for us. The food was presented in a very colorful manner. We also had hot matcha and miso soup before our lunch arrived. Our server was very friendly and helpful and even recommended entrees to us for our lunch. Even though the tables were close to each other, it was not noisy. It was a good dining experience.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2018

I enjoy sitting at the counter. You watch them making you dinner. The chef is very friendly. The sushi is very fresh and good.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Akai Hana? Share your experiences!