“Amazing sushi, great staff”
Review of Sushiya

Sushiya
Ranked #1,561 of 5,722 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Just amazing!!! Fresh fish & beautifully presented! Well done! I was even given some Otoro by the chef who I was chatting too & some rather special wasabi... Clean & nice place to eat

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed December 18, 2015

I'm not a sushi fan however joined friends for an outstanding dinner. They enjoyed their assortment of Sushi rolls, which looked outstanding. Orders were taken quickly upon being seated and food appeared just about as fast. There were 2 sushi chefs that evening.
Wide range of cooked appetizers and dinners. I had a hard time choosing what to have.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

I love this place. From the first time I came here until now I've always had a good experience here. The service is pretty awesome, the food is not only great it's also not expensive... the pokie is definitely one of my favorite apetisers there. Jakie, Maria, Alex and Edgar are a few of the awesome people that have served us there, I would recommend this place to anyone :)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had dinner at Sushiya with two friends. the waiter took our order and after 15 min we got the first food. He came with one of the three dishes. we asked about the rest and he answered "its coming" It took another 10 min for the second dish and another 5 min for the third. He also didn't remember who of us who ordered what so we had to guess...

But the food tasted great and it was cheap.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Being next to Burlap, parking can be a problem. On a Friday or Saturday evening be prepared to find parking far away if you are lucky. The food is standard sushi, nothing special. In fact, nothing really stood out for me but the incredibly cheap lunch specials for this area! Imaging a bento box with grilled salmon, rice, salad, miso, tempura for only $6.95!!! In Delmar? Really!

Date of visit: April 2013