“Yummy Vegan!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I were hanging out in San Diego and went to Rancho's on the recommendation of a friend. I'm vegetarian, and although my husband is not, he loves good vegetarian and vegan food as well. They have a huge menu, that ranges from salads to burritos. My husband got a vegetarian carne asada burrito, that honestly frightened me with how much it tasted like real meat. I got the vegan enchilada trio, which was interesting and delicious. I would definitely recommend it to those looking for something different and tasty!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

So I love to indulge in great food. No secret there. My wife likes to keep my waistline in check. The compromise is that we eat here from time to time. Deal. The food tastes good and happens to be on the healthy side. Chicken burrito with black beans and brown rice on a whole wheat tortilla made fresh, check. Freshly made all fruit smoothie with no added sugar and you pick the fruit as its made right in front of you, check. Easy on the wallet, check. Happy wife, check. This place also has vegan options too. I like it for all the mentioned reasons, add to that the lack of a hippy vibe and we are good to go.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Fresh ingredients and variety seem to be the key to Rancho's. What's great about this place is if you have a group trying to go out to lunch/dinner w/ very mixed palates, there are so many choices: poultry, meat, fish, lobster, vegetarian, vegan, bland, and spicy. And the price tag doesn't sting at the end of a meal, either. The tables can feel a little small, but somehow all the food and drinks seem to fit. The margaritas are okay - not bad, but just okay. Service was friendly and attentive. The place is also decorated with an eclectic style in an un-overwhelming way. I was happy to get a seat by the Frida Kahlo section.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

You'll feel like you're eating at a families own home with the superb wait service, high quality food, reasonable prices and awesome salsa. Come early if it's on the weekends because the lines can be very long as most people know it's so good.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is one of my favorite places to eat in San Diego. It feels like you have been transported 30 minutes south to Mexico when you walk in. The workers are friendly and wonderful, but sometimes can be a little slow. The food is amazing and most of the dishes can be made into vegetarian or vegan options. It is amazing what they do and I recommend it to everyone who comes to visit. Plus, you just cannot beat the price.