“A little too loud inside...”
Review of Whiskey Girl

Whiskey Girl
Ranked #737 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Whiskey Girl, one of the longest running entertainment venues in the Historic Gaslamp Quarter is conveniently located within walking distance from Downtown San Diego Convention Center and Petco Park on 5th Ave & G Street. Enjoy American-classic eats with our full lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch menu. Add a drink from our traditional cocktail menu, including over 70 Whiskeys. Our beers combine your domestic favorites with San Diego’s best in craft beer, Come for the sports as we offer all the packages, then stay for the nightly entertainment featuring local live acoustic music followed by nightly video DJ's spinning all the current top 40.
Annapolis, Maryland
“A little too loud inside...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I literally stumbled upon Whiskey Girl looking for a sports bar to watch a specific college football game on a hard-to-find channel on a recent Saturday. If I were younger, this would be a fantastic spot, so my "average" score could easily go to "very good" if I hadn't outgrown loud music in sports bars. This was a pretty busy bar and the staff did a very good job tending to the many customers. There were many televisions showing all the games, so I was satisfied and the staff did a good job. I would probably return if I had the chance and I would probably stay longer if the music wasn't so loud. I realize this place is geared to the younger set and loud music is a key attraction, but for us older adults, it was a too loud.

Visited August 2013

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Have fun in San-Diego”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you're lonely (sounds weird in San-Diego but can be) spend couple of hours with Whiskey Girls! Lovely burgers and well-done cocktails on the back of fun (freaky?) people will help you :) enjoy whiskey girls ...and boys!

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great bar food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

When I first went here, I went by myself after the lunch hour so it wasn't very busy, but I still had good service and the food was great! They have pretty standard American bar food, but it tastes great and is reasonably priced. I was there for the free wi-fi, so that was a plus (BLAZING fast!). Went a couple other times for lunch with friends, and they loved it as well. I'm sure it's crazy and loud during the dinner/late night hours, especially with a game going on, but for my purposes it became a favorite lunch spot :) Definitely recommend!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sarah S
Yuma
“Fun bar with great live entertainer”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just had one drink here and didn't eat. It's a fun atmosphere! The musician they had on Friday night was awesome! Very talented guy who played a wide variety of songs.

Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“overcharged tip on credit card”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went last week with my wife for a couple drinks at night. We paid with a card, left a 20% tip but noticed once it processed that they added an extra 10%. Went back after that(the morning before we left vacation) and they promised to look into it. We later getting an e-mail showing we are correct but the manager accuses us of lying and that the "4" looks like a "6" to him so the charge stays! That is theft, not to mention ridiculously bad customer service but we were tourists so they felt they could do what they wanted with no repercussions.

• Visited June 2013