“Disappointed”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I read a few of the reviews on here and I figured that we would give it a try while we were in San Diego. The pub was on our way to our hotel from the airport and it was a little after lunch time on a Saturday (1:30 pm). The place was packed with nowhere to sit, and no way to tell who should get the first seat that opens up. It was also difficult to get the bartenders attention to order. Once we did order it was about 20 or so minutes until we got the food. We both just got a cheeseburger, and we were not impressed. I've had amazing burgers, and after all the talk on here, we were rather disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Rockys Crown Pub

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I love to go to Rocky's on some Saturday afternoons to see and talk to Joe the bartender and the usual suspects who dot the bar stools . Best burger in town by far and the camaraderie and beer are excellant. If was not for Joe I would not come

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped in here on the recommendation of all of the good reviews here on trip advisor. I was not disappointed. They only do hamburgers and fries, but man are they good! This is a perfect local place if you want to have an excellent hamburger and a frosty beverage.

Make sure you bring cash because that is all they take for payment

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I used to live across Ingrahan Street from Rocky's and that is how I stumbled upon it. I do not live on Ingraham any more but I still go back to Rocky's for the burgers. It has a well known reputation for its burgers in San Diego and has annually been at least in the top 3 of the best burgers in San Diego by the local press and voting by San Diegans.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great burgers! Seriously, best ever! Fresh, juicy, AWESOME! Beware - it's 21 and up and cash only, and you often have to wait for a seat, but it's worth it. Oh, and the telephone doesn't usually work so you can't call in to-go orders. I go here at least 1x/month.