“Unfortuantly was DENIED FOOD!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
carlsonta111
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortuantly was DENIED FOOD!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

I decided to try pita pit since I have seen it advertise around campus. According to google I live 4.3 miles from the stores front door. I decided to have them deliver after an exhausting day at work by using the cool online service. After ordering and paying by credit card and receiving a conformational email at 8:24 pm for a delivery to be sent by 9:03pm; around 8:40pm I get a call informing me that my food was going to arrive around 9:20pm. I said sure I will wait since it was only a few minutes more. Then at 9:10pm when my food was suppose to come in 10 minutes I get a call letting me know my food was not arriving since I was out of their local zone. I asked to speak to a manager since online there was no mention of a zone radius, I paid, and I been waiting for almost an hour for my pita. Well the manager got really flippant especially when I asked her to give me the number of the store manager, she refused. After a long yelling match with the crazy manager I hung up the phone called my credit card company to let them know of the invalid charge, which they charged me for no food, and ordered from a local chinese place that was happy to accept my 25 dollar order with a 10 tip for arriving in 15minutes, when I told them my sad story. So when you click on delivery make sure your in their 3 mile bogus radius that they will not tell you until 10 minutes before your order is up!

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank carlsonta111

Atlanta, GA
“Unexpectedly Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

We arrived in San Diego late at night, after a full day of traveling, changing planes etc.
We were starving and beat! We thought that we would surely find a place to pick up a late dinner on our way to our hotel at Pacific Beach. We did not realize that most restaurants in this beach town close by 9 PM...even during the week of Spring Break.

Luckily, we happened upon The Pita Pit. It was open until 3 AM! I eagerly ordered a Greek pita and my son ordered a meatball pita. Both were fresh, large, and yummy! The prices were reasonable and the staff was more than pleasant.

The Pita Pit is apparently a chain, although we had never seen one in Georgia. The menu is extensive and the atmosphere is extemely casual. We were lucky to find The Pita Pit and we would highly recommend the restaurant in Pacific Beach, California.

• 5 of 5 stars