“Excellent Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 16, 2012

slow to get your food only because it so busy but definetly worth the wait, there mahi grilled was so great and there shrimp cocktail and crab incredible, i would highly reccommend just be patient, its worth it

Reviewed April 16, 2012

As many have mentioned before the wait is worth it. My wife had calm chowder and broiled local halibut - all she could say was fantastic. It was great, I got to taste her chowder and fish.
My Ahi Tuna taco and Grouper taco was as great as there size, huge. If anything is negative here it is the parking situation, but again we're in San Diego.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were recommended to try Blue water for their fish tacos, as we have never tried them before. There are other local places that sell fish tacos, however Blue water only use fresh fish.

We tried a snapper and also a sea bass taco - both were very fresh and had a clean grilled flavour to it. The sauce that came with the taco complimented the fish very well.

I also tried a soft shell crab sandwich - I thought I couldn't finish it as it was very big, however it was so tasty that I ate the whole lot! It is messy to eat, however very enjoyable.

We also tried the crab and artichoke dip - too heavy and cheesey for me. The shrimp ceviche (fresh salsa with small shrimp) served with el Indio chips was very morish though.

Really pleased we came across this place - it is not expensive so be prepared to wait. Suggest someone to mind a table while you place your order - it can be hard to get a seat!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Long line out the door during lunchtime. Worth the wait! I was looking all over San Diego for great fish tacos. I even walked thru a "poor" neighborhood seeking out a taco truck that was highly recommended. I stumbled on this restaurant only because my brother said "I knowwe can get the best seafood." AS it turns out, the seafood was extremely fresh!!! 1. Pick your dish (tacos, sandwich, or plate) 2. Pick your fish, about eight variety avail 3. Pick you "marinade" ,e.g. blackened, bronzed, terriyaki, grilled etc. Waiting in line, i saw all the awrsome looking food being brought out. I had to "over" order just so I can sample the vareties!!! Reasonably priced!!!! Unfortunately, we ate here on our last day in San Diego, or else we would make multiple visits!!

1  Thank 11dano
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Wondeful Seafood market and restaurant near Old Town- Freshest fish served on plastic plates in a hectic line up and order atmosphere. great value. A little hard to find off the 5 freeway.