“A nice relaxing meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Diego
“A nice relaxing meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We just wanted a good quick meal upon returning from a long road trip and decided to stop at the Claim Jumper a few minutes from our home.
Yes it is a chain but the decor is relaxing and inviting. We prefer the restaurant proper versus the bar area.
The service was prompt and the server knowledgeable about the brews and food. My wife selected an unusual dish -- a cobb salad sandwich. Excellent choice for tasty but rather huge and complemented but a fruit side.I had a massive burger that was superb but had trouble finishing - should have declined the fries and opted for the fruit side . There is a larger size - the widow maker I think -- but would be best shared at least from our perspective.
Food good, service excellent and worth a return for a casual lunch, dinner or happy hour in the bar area.

• Visited February 2014

Holland
“Huge portions, nice restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Review remains similar as last time visit chain type restaurant with large portions.
Friendly staff, had this time the tilapia bianca dish with a hefe weizen beer.
Conclusion: Ok for a simple meal price value well in balance.
Would visit next time again.

• Visited February 2014
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Typical chain restaurant”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Claim Jumper is a nice restaurant for an average meal, you know what you are getting ahead of time if you have dined in one before. Their menu changed recently, and my favorite salad is no longer on the menu, and I was disappointed in the lunch salad that I did choose. Now with that said, their steaks are very good, and I love their baked sweet potatoes. This chain is a good place to take children. We sat in the 'saloon' for the first time, I thought service was slower than usual. We will return, and order something different.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent waitress, food average.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ate here as a last minute decision, having eaten at other claim jumper restaurants before.
The waitress, I'm sorry I have forgotten her name, was excellent, friendly and helpful.
The food was OK, nothing special, and the kids fish and chip meal, I thought was very expensive at 10.99USD. The food delivery was on the slow side.
They had run out of crayons for the kids to play with, our son got bored with the waiting and the other kids in the restaurant appeared a little restless.

• Visited December 2013
Holland
“Nice Restaurant, huge portions”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

During business trip ate 2 times in this nice restaurant (mining type interior) with very friendly staff (good service)
The portion a are big. Had in my first visit a good prepared Ribeye steak and second visit a very well grilled steak both times with a side dish. A good Hefeweise beer did the rest.

Would definitely return a next time.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Claim Jumper? Share your experiences!