“Really good coffee, I will try their food soon.”
Review of Zanzibar - CLOSED

Zanzibar
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
San Diego
“Really good coffee, I will try their food soon.”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had a double espresso and a bottle of sparkling water. The coffee was really good, one of the best I have tried lately. The food looked really good too, but I was meeting someone (a pre-date I guess). It is a nice place with excellent service and I plan to be there soon to try their food, probably for lunch.

• Visited March 2012

us
“Local favorite, a must for gourmet quality food.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Zanzibar is a great place to be on the main strip of Garnet ave, while you eat great food with an amazingly good menu.
Something for everyone. Not your ordinary panini's but with gourmet taste and quality. Great breakfast with rosemary potatoes, and great lunch options. Huge menu!

• Visited January 2012
Dieppe, Canada
“Best salad I ever ate!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

A local suggested we go to Zanzibar for brunch. I ended up ordering the Curry Chicken Salad. Am I ever glad I did! It was DELICIOUS! Perfect for a light lunch on a hot day. I also had the Mango Cucumber Wine Cooler which was really good too.

Friendly staff, laid-back atmosphere, reasonably priced....I highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2011
Raymore, Missouri
“We ate here every morning of our trip!”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Zanzibar was suggested to us by the owner of the inn we stayed at for our getaway. Boy, were we glad we listened to her! I had the eggs scrambled with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and chives with roasted potatoes and multi grain toast served with locally made raspberry jam...absolute nirvana!! It was so divine that I had it for breakfast all three mornings of our trip and my best friend switched to the same meal after tasting mine the first morning. My husband stuck with his Farmer's scramble for the trip as well and our server was nice, efficient and did a great job. My one regret was that I should have indulged in at least one or two of the vast array of pastries and other sweets beckoning me in their display case.
Bring plenty of change for the parking meter, because you will take your time enjoying your meal, I guarantee it.

• Visited June 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“I love zanzibar! awesome friendly staff and good food!”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

what's not to like? i was in san diego on business and was recommended to zanzibar by the concierge at the hotel i was staying at. i had such a friendly great waitress on my first trip, she made me feel really comfortable and at home even though i was dining all by my lonesome. food was very good as well and i actually ended up dining here for one meal every day of my stay in san diego. definitely go check it out.