We stayed at the Residence Inn Sorrento Valley in mid-January '06. I used my Marriott Reward points to cover a 3 night stay in a Queen Bed Studio Room.
The hotel is currently being renovated. Our room was supposed to have been renovated but I thought the cabinets, tv, and dressers, etc were just average. Dont expect posh interiors. This was my first ever stay at a Residence Inn. Maybe I was expecting a little more.
The hotel has a free evening managers reception (Monday thru Thursday, 5-7 pm) where they serve beer, wine, and a small entree. During our stay they served Chicken with Scalloped Potatoes and Chicken Parmesan on separate evenings. The food was okay but its FREE!
A free continental breakfast buffet is served every monrning with Eggs, Waffles, Country Potatoes, etc. Menu items vary daily. Breakfast was ok, but hey its free.
Rooms were clean. There is a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sport court, bbq grill, aerobic machines, and a ping pong table. Room has all you need in the kitchen utensils department (knives, silverware, plates, etc).
One complaint was the bed. We were placed in a room with the older Marriott foam bed. It was not comfortable at all. We did not get a good nights sleep at all. The hotel is currently in the process of updating the beds with the newer Marriott Revive beds which are wonderful.
My other complaint was the a/c unit is very noisy. In the Queen Studio its located in a closet adjacent to the bed. Not the best way to get a good nights sleep.
Overall, the rooms were clean and spacious. However, ask for a room with the new Revive beds for a better night sleep. Dont expect luxury either. I will stick to full service Marriotts and Marriott Vacation Club units.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly-renovated Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa hotel. Unlike other San Diego extended stay hotels, our unique location puts you right in the middle of all that San Diego has to offer. Not only are we just minutes from Sea World, Balboa Park and MCAS Miramar, but our all-suite hotel is also near North County attractions: Solana Beach, Legoland, Del Mar Fairgrounds and the world-famous San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Inside our hotel in Sorrento Valley, start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet and end it with The Residence Inn Mix™. Spacious suites at our hotel near Miramar offer a large work space, a soft sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. During your stay, you can curl up in front of the fireplace or stay connected with free high-speed internet. There is also an outdoor BBQ and picnic area, ping pong table and pets are always welcome. In addition to our pool and fitness center, our San Diego extended stay hotel in Sorrento Valley offers a unique experience that sets us apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Sorrento Valley