We stayed here during a househunting trip and found it easy to drive north county inland & coastal pretty quickly. UTC 15 min. away, Del Mar 15 min. away, Mira Mesa restaurants 5 min., Penasquitos & Sabre Springs 20 min. Quiet area, but only a few restaurants in walking distance. Facing into the courtyard is probably quietest, although Bldg. A was not bad (we had a few trucks loading in the middle of the night at warehouse next door). Don't pick a room on Mira Mesa unless you like traffic.
Staff was helpful & courteous. "Free" internet was only free for 2 days, then they charge $11.95 each day after that. We balked at the advertising and we were only charged for 1 day instead of 5. It's only free if you bring your own wireless card and don't need to borrow a wireless kit.
The 1 bdr was fine for 2 people, but I'd feel claustrophobic with 2 young kids running around in it. The breakfast buffet had enough variety for our 6 day stay. Coffee could be better... Happy hour our first evening was basic sandwich fixings, and the server cheerily brought over beer & wine refills. We did not have time to sample the BBQ or other snacks that week.
It was a very busy hotel, close to Miramar & many corporate offices so there was a good mix of people. Overall a comfortable stay for business reasons; there are probably better locations for touristy sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly-renovated Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa hotel. Unlike other San Diego extended stay hotels, our unique location puts you right in the middle of all that San Diego has to offer. Not only are we just minutes from Sea World, Balboa Park and MCAS Miramar, but our all-suite hotel is also near North County attractions: Solana Beach, Legoland, Del Mar Fairgrounds and the world-famous San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Inside our hotel in Sorrento Valley, start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet and end it with The Residence Inn Mix™. Spacious suites at our hotel near Miramar offer a large work space, a soft sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. During your stay, you can curl up in front of the fireplace or stay connected with free high-speed internet. There is also an outdoor BBQ and picnic area, ping pong table and pets are always welcome. In addition to our pool and fitness center, our San Diego extended stay hotel in Sorrento Valley offers a unique experience that sets us apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Sorrento Valley