This is a Marriott Residence Inn, and it has been of choice of accommodation lately. I should say it suits very well for our family of four. I won't delve much into RI, and having stayed in 5 RI's in the past 2 years, I should say they are pretty much standard. Basically we like the full kitchen, the separated living area from the bedroom, the amenities (pool/hot tub), and the full hot breakfast.
So what is different? The good part is that the hotel is being renovated, and looked quite fresh, in my opinion. We stayed in another RI in the same trip, so we could compare. We noticed the new carpets (rooms and hallway), new furnishings in the room, and the nice (external) pool area and hot tub.
We got a very good rate - less than $100/day for the Christmas/NY week. It was basically the cost of a Travelodge + breakfast for four, so it was almost a no brainer.
The surrounding area is a business area, feeling quite safe. A bunch of dining options nearby. Not to mention that it located a couple of miles from La Jolla.
We also love RI's full hot breakfast. Biscuit and gravy, sausage, eggs, and the now ubiquitous waffle machines (with blueberry toppings).
What we did not like? Well, breakfast is great, if you can actually manage to get some. It seems that the dining area and the food production were not scaled to the large amount of guests (probably lured by the low rates). However, the last day, they seem to open a new space for breakfast, so things look very promising.
I think the biggest issue for most travelers could be the location in terms of distance to major attractions. I should say that we were able to get to most of places in San Diego in about 20 minutes drive, so distance was never an issue - although I should say that we never hit traffic of any sort. Things could be different in other time of the year.
All in all, we were very happy with our stay. I would definitely recommend the place, if the rate is right, and if we don't need to stay too close to major attractions. I actually prefer to stay a bit farther and have a better accommodations with better rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa hotel. Unlike other San Diego extended stay hotels, our unique location puts you right in the middle of all that San Diego has to offer. Not only are we just minutes from Sea World, Balboa Park and MCAS Miramar, but our all-suite hotel is also near North County attractions: La Jolla, Legoland, Del Mar Fairgrounds and the world-famous San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Inside our hotel in Sorrento Valley, start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet and end it with The Residence Inn Mix™. Spacious suites at our hotel near Miramar offer a large work space, a soft sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. During your stay, you can curl up in front of the fireplace or stay connected with free high-speed internet. There is also an outdoor BBQ and picnic area, ping pong table and pets are always welcome. In addition to our pool and fitness center, our San Diego extended stay hotel in Sorrento Valley offers a unique experience that sets us apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Sorrento Valley