Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
Ranked #105 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I redeemed a free night that I had earned through Marriott Rewards at this hotel, so keep in mind that I didn't pay a dime to stay here.
I was very pleased with the room. It did feel slightly dated, but it was large, clean, and comfortable. The person working the front desk was extremely friendly, as I would expect for a Marriott. The free breakfast was fantastic! Couldn't have been happier there.
I have always enjoyed staying at various Marriott brand hotels, and this hotel was no exception.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
sasha M, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Travis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a glowing review on Trip Advisor. Even though your travel with us was last summer we still appreciate your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you come back to see us again soon.

We will be entering a renovation this September and by the start of 2014, we will have a brand new hotel to offer our guests.

Residence Inn Sorrento Mesa
Managment

Reviewed August 11, 2012

When I arrived to the hotel the room Was not available although I booked it by Venere. The problem Was not with Venere but with the hotel. Other people had the same problem. I don't recommend to book it.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Favaro
sasha M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Favaro,

I apologize your room was not ready at the time of your arrival. May I ask what time of day you tried checking-in?

Our guaranteed check –in time is 4pm. All early requested check –ins are requests that we try our very best to accommodate however, with our check out time being noon, we cannot always guarantee that an early check-in will be accommodated. Due to the length of stay most our guests are with us, each room is carefully treated after their departure before the next guest arrives. This ensures the upmost cleanliness of our rooms, though takes a little extra time then a more transient hotel.

If trying to check in before the 4pm guarantee, I do recommend giving us a call ahead of time to see if we are able to accommodate an earlier arrival.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

ALL of the towels provided were paper thin and an off white, like what you'd get at an old gym to use. The bed sheets were thin as well, like an undershirt 15 years old or that they've been on the bed for a few days prior to our arrival. Halfway through our stay, I mentioned this to the staff but still received the same level of quality with the towels (the sheets were slightly better). If it were one or the other, I may not have even written this review, but the fact that it was both and they're the 2 personal items a hotel can provide that, in my opinion, can really make or break a stay so I had to write this!

I'd give it a really bad rating, but the other things that make Residence Inn the experience I've learned to enjoy were spot on: Nice breakfast with good variety throughout our week long stay, wonderful and cheerful staff, clean and modern amenities, and of course free parking and WiFi.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear Dpastorin,

I am so sorry you had a less then exceptional stay with us last year.
Since your visit, among other major changes, we have replaced all of our guest room towels and bedding with a new brand.

Hopefully if you find yourself back in the San Diego area, you will come by and allow us another chance to make your stay a comfortable one.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I wouldn't recommend it for you if you needed to hit all of the tourist spots while you're in San Diego, but it's a good choice if you needed to stay at the northerly end of the City. Also there are plenty of choices for food along Mira Mesa Blvd, you wouldn't need to get on a freeway to get your shopping/meals done.

One item of note, I found the water to be extremely soft. You'll want to stay with bar soap if you're staying here.

Room Tip: the top floor will probably have the quietest rooms though you can ask the staff for suggestions.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
sasha M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We really appreciate all of our guests and their reviews. I am so excited to say that we are nearly complete with the renovation and we do hope that you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We loved this hotel. The staff is so great that my kids looked forward to breakfast and talking to them. They even made sure we had gluten free options for breakfast and for the evening BBQ. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the pool. Having our own kitchen was key to making the vacation cost effective. We wanted a location that would allow us access to all parts of San Diego and it was perfect. Lots of stores and restaurants right near by. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank orbuzzard
kibutler3, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to San Diego. You will also be excited to hear that in April of 2012 we upgraded our high speed internet to 50mbps and have changed our provider to make your future stays even more enjoyable.

Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I booked this hotel for a long 2 months stay for my business tip to San Diego California. The hotel offers great comforts and was an ideal match for me for its proximity to my office.

I was surprised with the service that the hotel provides. Menu for the breakfast is awesome, offering a wide variety of things to choose from. The staff were very friendly and often ready to help. The room was really luxurious and I opted for for a one bedroom suite with a decent size kitchen. Kitchen is an important priority for me as I am a strict vegetarian and prefer cooking my own food. Room had 2 lcd tvs , a mini dining table and a sofa set to complete the set. All in all, the acoustics of the room was very sound and pleasing.

In addition to it,the hotel offered an additional social hour sacks and some beer four days a week. The hotel had ample parking facility.

I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Dina009
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our property and I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff really appreciates the feedback and are always happy to help!

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

This is a great mid-level hotel for staying in the business/Qualcomm area of San Diego. Having stayed 60+ nights at this hotel, the service has always been impeccable. The gentleman who takes care of the evening buffet is extremely pleasant, helpful, and kind - he cares about the patrons and has a terrific attitude. The front desk is extremely professional. In terms of cons, the hotel hallways have an interesting smell and the internet is excruciatingly slow during peak hours . However, the housekeeping has been good and the proximity to Yogurtland is a plus!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business