“Bad Service, average hotel”

Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
Ranked #203 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Francisco, CA
“Bad Service, average hotel”
Reviewed June 20, 2006

The hotel was cleaner than I expected, although the pool was so murky, you could not see all the way to the bottom. I avoided using the pool the entire time I was there, which was four days.

Housekeeping did a good job keeping the rooms neat, although the sheets did not feel entirely clean. My mom got a rash from the sheets, which she only gets when sheets are less than clean. I smelled cologne on one of the pillowcases one night, and since I'm female, I don't wear cologne.

The worst service I experienced at the hotel was at check-in, when a woman (I think her name was Diane) was working the front desk. I walked in and waited while she finished her conversation with a coworker, before she turned to me reluctantly and asked what I needed. I told her I was there to check in, and she interrupted me midsentence to shout a response to the very same person she was joking around with earlier.

She then proceeded to put me in a room with a king bed, when I had requested a room with two double beds when I booked four months ago. Best part was, she neglected to inform me. My parents, cousin, and I went up to the room, walked in, and realized we were given the wrong room type. I went back downstairs, had to wait for her AGAIN, then informed her that I had booked a different room. THEN, she decides to tell me that none were available, but that she would make a note in the computer now and make the changes tomorrow. Shouldn't she have made the notation in the computer when I checked in? And shouldn't common sense and courtesy require her to inform me of the change in rooms and offer an apology for the inconvenience? I didn't get any of that. Instead, I was made to feel that I was inconveniencing her for making her do her job.

The next day, I called to request a room change, and someone else was working the front desk. She was great and made the change immediately and with politeness.

Management should take a closer look at who they choose to staff the front desk. First impressions are lasting, and because of this experience when I first checked in, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank writerevie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
los angeles, ca
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Stayed there April 2006 for 72.00/night after I found a lower price on hotels.com. Also got the 10% off lowest rate which was pretty nice. However, when I checked in, they had no record of the updated lower price. Make sure you print out the email or else you will be out of luck. After that was straightened out the next morning, things went ok. Room was like a budget Embassy, with a refrigerator, sink and microwave in the living area. King size bed was nice, bathroom was small. There was a lot of noise from the swimming pool and kids running around. Apparently, many people complained when I called the front desk and said they were taking care of it. Breakfast is free- muffins, cereal, toast juice- Nothing special but its free. I am trying the Holiday Inn Express next month since it is in the same parking lot and will report back.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank quickjaunt
Willmar
Reviewed January 30, 2006

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Quality Suites,San Diego.The hotel looks nice from the outside,but it is time to up date/remodel the rooms.The rooms are very old,dirty,run down in need of some much needed TLC.

• Stayed January 2006
6 Thank Paul E

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Centralia, Wa
Reviewed December 22, 2005

Recently stayed here with my family and found it super from the Location to the Amenities. Just North of San Diego we were able to get in and out of town missing a lot of the headaches and higher prices by staying closer. From I-15 we went down 163 to the Zoo and into Downtown San Diego. It was about a 15 minute ride to Sea World and then heading down Miramar Rd (South of the Hotel) it was about a 20 minute ride to the Beach at Torrey Pines. Shopping was easy to get to whether downtown at Horton Plaza or The Fashion Valley Mall at Friars Ave in Mission Valley. Being North we were also able to sneak out to Carlsbad to the Premium Outlets and Legoland!! Just across I-15 from the Hotel were shopping areas with Grocery store, Drug Store, Restaurants and a Movie Theater. We also saved quite a bit there in Mira Mesa as opposed to being closer in. Also available in the area were Subway, Starbucks and Coldstone. What a perfect place for a family to marshall from for forays into the area. We will be back. The Hotel was quiet and the pool and hot tub was clean. Great job great stay!! People had talked about the freeway noise but we were able to get an inside suite. The noise I heard when I listened for it actually sounded like ocean waves crashing (kinda weird but we've stayed at the beach many times and really the ocean isn't all that quiet). The breakfast was good and I enjoyed the quiet courtyard to read the paper and snack. Thanks and will stay here again!!!

• Stayed December 2005
8 Thank Ernest K
VICTORVILLE
Reviewed November 16, 2005

This is one of the best suites for the price that I have ever stayed at. The staff is pleasent and easy to work with.O and it is always very clean, which is HUGE for me! It is close to the freeway for easy access and so many places such as restaurants, movies, shopping almost across the street. You will not be dissappointed!!

7 Thank JANAY G
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2005

We were very pleased by this hotel. We arrived at noon and our room was ready. The staff were professionnal, very helpful and resourceful.

The room (which are all suites) was impeccable and very nicely decorated. The hotel looks new from the building to the furniture. It consist of a seperate bedroom with 2 double beds and a large TV and a living room with a sofabed, another TV, microwave and a very small fridge (with a tiny freezer compartment).

Hotel has a beautifuly landscaped area where you'll find the pool and spa and tables and chairs. The hotel also has a small fitness Center.

True that the hotel is very close to the Freeway, you must ask for a room away from the freeway and you'll enjoy this hotel as much as we did.

We got the room at $90/night with their best rate garanteed (we had found it at $100 in another travel website so they lowered the rate by 10%).

The only negative is the distance from the Hotel to San Diego or the beach (about 15 minutes drive) and it's only a continental breakfast (no eggs or waffles)

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank Mist59
San Francisco BayArea
Reviewed July 8, 2005

We had wonderful time at Quality Suites. Family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids stayed for 5 nights during 4 of July weekend. Freeway noise did not bother us at all. Free parking, lots of stores and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was very good with lots of selections. Pool and Jacuzzi were refreshing at the end of the day. About 20 minutes to Downtown attractions, Legoland, La Jolla beach.

• Stayed July 2005