Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$319
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$201
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$222
$181
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$408
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$221
Fairmont.com
Excellent 5/5
$199
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsliving roomholiday inn next doorwet barworking ordergood sizefree breakfastmicrowave and fridgepool and jacuzzibreakfast roomrestaurants and shoppingair conditionerhotel guestsshort drivebalboa parkfreewaydennyssink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2008

When we arrived the hotel from the outside looked very promising, but once we entered the room it was aweful. The furniture was very old and dirty. The floors had stains everywhere. The cabinet where the sink and mini refrig are, was all torn up and disgusting. The bathroom was very old looking and not comforting. The carpet in front of the sink was dirty. I wouldn't let any of my kids walk on the floor without any socks(that is how uncomforting it was). The beds were just full size when we were told they were queens, and I was told there were 2 bedrooms and there was only 1. Just completely dissappointed and would not recommend.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed December 18, 2007

We had a reservation next door at the Holiday Inn Express, but when we arrived we were told we'd been "upgraded" to a suite next door at the Quality Suites! Who could argue?
The reception area decor/cleanliness was impressive, and the front desk clerk was very nice. Our suite was in the back on the top floor away from the freeway noise. Very lovely. The bed was heavenly: high quality sheets, quilt, and pillows, and a pillowtop mattress! We were very happy for our two-day stay. The only few things I didn't like were the low water pressure in the shower, the TV stations didn't all come in clearly,and I could hear the people in the room next to ours through the wall (not word-for-word; just muffled voices). I would stay here again, definitely!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July. Had a great stay overall. Went with my mom and my 3 boys. The housekeeping did a great job at keeping our room nice, even when we left late in the day. They did, however, take my Cream colored Tommy Hilfiger bath sheet. They were able to retrieve it after a few days. The beds are comfy once you're settled and in them. They seem a bit wobbly while you're moving around. One downside, not the hotel's fault. The pool was always PACKED! Then at the end of the day it looked very cloudy. I hope they had someone cleaning and testing it daily with that amount of useage. Needless to say, we never had a chance to get it in, and on our last day I requested a little later check out so we could swim for a little bit and was rudely told by the front desk manager that "check out is at noon!". After I just spent 600 bucks for our stay at this hotel, I would have hoped for her to be a little more accomadating.
Another thing, beware if you are tall! The shower heads are very short!!
Never got to the continential breakfast, we were out so late each night, we didn't get up in time to catch it. Would be nice for them to have it available a little later in the morning.
Nice hotel, good location, better value than some of the hotels in the middle of San Diego.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank CynthiasBoys
Reviewed February 25, 2007

if you want a luxory hotel, go somewhere else. if you want a more than decent place to sleep and get a free breakfast, give this a try.

PRO:
free wi-fi worked just fine...no password needed, although the site does say it's for hotel guests only.

our suite was spacious -- had two rooms & two TVs. the bathroom & a door separate the rooms, so some can watch TV while others sleep.
refrigerator is counter-high.

breakfast room is large and clean - 11 tables for 4.
many food choices. 3-4 cold cereal, instant oatmeal, 3 kinds of whole fruit, variety of breads/pastry, coffee, several kinds of tea including herbal, 3 kinds of juice. one day they had hard boiled eggs.

plenty of nearby stores & restuarants, including local/ethnic establishments beyond the typical chains.

close to the freeway...had to make a u-turn to get into the parking lot, but never experienced any traffic problems.

CON:
bathroom had a noisy fan & small rust/stain on the tub drain.

paper garbage in the exterior hallway was not picked up after 24 hours.

We were missing a remote for 1 of the TVs, and when I got one, the battery in it was dead....we tried our own fresh battery & it worked fine.

Plastic cups in the rooms...not luxurios, but at least I knew they were clean.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank CaVacationeer
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Stayed here for one night with two co-workers on a business trip. We called ahead to see if they had a meeting space available for an impromptu meeting with another co-worker in the late afternoon. They were very accomodating and allowed us access to the breakfast room, posted a sign "Meeting in Progress" so we would not be disturbed.

The rooms/suites are okay, clean but dated. The bed was comfortable and plenty of good down pillows-6 on a king size bed.

There was a family there with small children, but they were not running amok, but were visable in the late afternoon. The pool was not in use since it was cold and rainy.

They did not have my reservation even though I had my company travel agency confirmation number. Fortunately they had my co-worker's confirmation numbers and finally after some thorough searching and troubleshooting, offered to give me a room at the same rate. Since I was a little tense at that point, I said "I think that would be a good idea." Though slow to make the offer, the young woman at the front desk maintained her composure and was pleasant.

Since I travel the twelve Western States all year long, I've stayed in much worse hotels--not by choice. I would stay here again as it is close to shopping, dining and the business I need to travel to all for a reasonable rate!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jb7056