Hyatt House San Diego Sorrento Mesa
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenomelette barfree breakfastliving roommade to order omeletsomelette stationbusiness parkdvd playerfire pitbusiness districtking suitean extended stayminute drivebusiness tripcomfortable roomgreat place to staydefinitely stay here again
Reviewed March 16, 2013

the hotel is under renovation right now and I suppose the super priceline/hotwire deals (2,5* wins around $55/night) will be over soon but as described in my other reviews: mainly guests are long-stay Qualcomm employees and visitors from around the world. Remember that the Opaque hotel guests (priceline, hotwire) are supposed to fill the double-rooms which they can't sell officially as Hyatt house is a "suite only" concept - at the end it doesn't matter (for us).... ($10 for upgrade

If I compare the Hyatt house at Sorrento Mesa with other places in downtown and their overpriced parking and dining options I still think this Hyatt House is a great deal. Sorrow-free free parking, free high speed Wifi (high speed not low speed!!) and a breakfast which you won't find at other properties: huge selection of fresh fruits, made-to-order omelettes, asian breakfast and daily changing breakfast speciailities. The Jacuzzi and Pool in the courtcard are also a big plus to relax in the evening.

Personally I think that the distance from city center is an advantage: however you'll be in La Jolla within minutes also Torrey Pines glider point and beach is reachable within 15mins.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Family and I really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in the process of renovating their rooms and we stayed in one of those so keep that in mind. The renovated rooms are very nice. Full size kitchen and comfortable living area with sofa sleeper. The bedrooms have a king size bed and the bathroom had a very spacious walk in shower. Beautiful room.

Breakfast is included with stay and there is a large selection of foods plus an omelet station. They will rotate some buffet items on a daily basis to change it up.

The staff is super friendly from the front desk to bar staff to the gentlemen making the omelets. Everyone asked if there was anything we needed or would simply ask how your day was.

For us, the hotel location worked well for us because it was centrally located between the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.

I didn't rate 5 star for cleanliness only because they are currently renovating a portion of the hotel so excuse their dust.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Large rooms but a very cheerless establishment. Rate is surprisingly high given the condition of the hotel and the rooms which are very worn and in need of capital improvements. Rugs and upholstery are stained and worn. Furniture very out of date. Suites however are large and have kitchens. Kind of depressing. No room service. Staff very attentive and kind. Seems fairly clean.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I really love being kept awake by the couple next to me at 3 in the morning. opening doors, running water, in fact lots of noises which you should never be able to hear from room to room in a decent hotel. Outdated, tired, awful food in the restaurant the only saving grace keeping this hotel from a 1 star is the staff who were outstanding, especially Ryan who was tireless in helping us out. for over $200 this place is a joke.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Biddazzu
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This property is a little dated, but is still one of the nicer properties in the area. I chose this hotel because it was near my customer in La Jolla and was under 220 a night. The Comfot Inn was $179 to give you an idea of how the rates for this area are so outrageous. I was only there for overnight, arrived at 10pm and checked out at 9am. The bed was just okay. The comforter wweighed about 20 lbs! I think this is an all suite property and I did not take advantage of the kitchen area.Very small pool are and gym/workout room. The free breakfast well above avaerage and the staff is very freindly.I was a little surprised there was a TV from 1999 in the room, sorry 2 TV's from '99 in the suite.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business