“Great for our group!”

Ranked #99 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Castaic, California
“Great for our group!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked a block of 9 rooms for a high school group and am very glad I did. The group sales office went out of their way to accommodate our needs. In fact, our group (and another staying there at the time) needed to leave the hoterl early on Sunday morning, about the same time breakfast is scheduled to be served. Not only did the kitchen staff have breakfast set up early for us, they made they prepared hot breakfast for us so our kids were well nourished before their competition. It is obvious that the property is older, but the furnishings are updated, clean and classy. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and you barely heard any noise outside of the room. I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SynergyHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 29, 2013

We appreciate the wonderful review you left us and your stay with us with your high school group. Our staff including our Sales Director Cristina are all held in a high quality care service for our guest. We are pleased to hear that they our staff were just that with you and your group. We recently renovated the hotel with new furnishings and cosmetics throughout the hotel. We hope you and your group of kids come back with us again soon on their next games.

Mallarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
hoston
Reviewed March 18, 2013

just back from a stay at this property. Was very dissappointed, would not stay there again. hallways on every floor were very filthy. I can live with normal wear and tear, but none of the hallways looked like they had been vacuumed in a very long time. Unacceptable. As for the rooms , they were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a typical fat food full of carbs. The best thing they had was cereal because they didnt make it. Lack of fruit even though at brkfst area by 8am. Booked this hotel for pool. Went to pool and it was disgusting. Stuff floating in it, wouldnt even stick one foot it even if it was 100 degrees out. Never saw anyone in the pool the whole time we stayed there. Location was ok, easy to get in/off hwy 5. If you have a pet, no grassy area to let dog run, or do his duty. Basically just a parking lot. free parking was nice. Had originally booked for 4 nites checked out after 2. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was looking for something fairly close to my son in Pacific Beach, and when this popped up, with the special rate of $65 per night, I grabbed it. For that rate, we could endure a lot, but we didn't have to. Super clean, comfortable bed, friendly, helpful staff (special shoutout to Jose at the front desk for getting on the computer and answering all our questions about a side trip we were thinking of taking) and free parking and breakfast, with a convenient location right off I-5 and Garnet Avenue. Can't say enough about how satisfied we were. Highly recommended, especially when budget is a concern. Also came with a very clean-looking outdoor pool, which we didn't use.

Breakfast was only so-so...didn't show much imagination...and the convenient location had a flip side of having a lot of road noise which prohibited us from sleeping with the balcony window open. But, for us, these were extremely minor points. Would definitely stay here again, especially if I wanted to be near the Pacific Beach community.

Room Tip: The balcony to our room faced on I-5, which made for a lot of road noise when the window was open. H...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although I read teviews before I determine a hotel to stay, this is the first review I have ever written. I promised myself I would write this one because I was so pleased with my stay at La Quinta. I was in San Diego on business and waited until the last minute to reserve my room. The conference I went to was at a hotel but I was looking for something more affordable. I was not willing to sacrifice quality for price and I did not have at LaQuinta. I was impressed from start to finish. Great price, comfortable rooms, free parking, free breakfast, centrally located & great customer service. I will certainly stay there again and I recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable & affordable place to stay in the San Diego area.

Best Bang for your Buck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Coming to San Diego for a baptism, we wanted to stay close to our family. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. It was in an ideal location for us, and the price although a little more than other hotels in the same range, was still affordable. We enjoyed our stay and the friendliness of the staff. We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mpls.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

There were 2 best parts to this stay: location and staff. This hotel is right off of Hwy. 5 - easy to get anywhere from here. It is also straight down the road, 2 miles from a very nice beach. The only problem is the entrance - you have to take a very dangerous loop onto the highway just to do another loop so you can enter the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable as was the bed, which is usually an issue with me - but this bed worked. The staff makes this place. The front desk is very polite and helpful, and the breakfast lady is a gem. She should get a raise, works very hard and is very pleasant. Give her a tip, she earns it. We will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel for it's location which suited our trip purpose. I was a little afraid that it was too close to the 5 but sleeping at night was no problem. I use ear plugs and could not hear the noise at all and slept very well. The staff is over the top nice and very helpful with anything you need. The breakfast is hot and includes eggs and a different type of meat each morning. You are just a few minutes from La Jolla and the 5 is right there if you want to go south. The rooms have been redone, the bedding is very clean and fresh as well as the towels. I actually walk around bare foot which I never do in hotel rooms. That says a lot for me.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends