2,939 results
All reviews firefly restaurant sea world mission bay tropical pool resort fee belmont park standard room free shuttle grounds are beautiful shuttle service short drive family vacation pool and hot tub the san diego area la jolla pools seaworld
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We always feel like VIPs at the Dana. Best staff of any spot in San Diego.
Definitely a favorite resort of our whole family. Very kid friendly place to stay.
The food and service at Firefly is excellent. Best vegetable soup I have ever had.
I miss that soup and had to get it everyday of our stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
TheDana, Guest Relations Manager at The Dana on Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 15, 2020

First time I have ever been given my room at 8:00 am when check-in is at 12:00 noon. I walked up to check my bag and lady at the reception desk said; "No need, your room is ready". Loved it! The rooms are clean and beds super comfy. Restaurant service was great even for a group of 100 which was the size of the group I attended with. Overall excellent experience.

Room tip: 300's and 400's rooms are closer to pool and hot tub.
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that our friendly staff, comfortable guest rooms and restaurant team made your stay so enjoyable. We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I recently stayed here for two nights. I was in San Diego to visit friends, so I did not take advantage of the amenities offered for those visiting Sea World. The resort, in general, is a little aged; the rooms are noisy--I could hear people upstairs walking around at all hours and kids running and screaming up and down the sidewalk outside.

The room was nice with a refrigerator and microwave. Firefly restaurant has a great happy hour and the food is good; highly recommend the ahi poke and the rice bowl with salmon.

There is a bike rental on the property for a reasonable $10/hr. Other things can be rented as well, but I did not pay attention to what is available. A nice path makes it easy to access the resort and surrounding area. There is a small but adequate fitness center.

Room tip: Upstairs is probably a better choice; bottom floor is noisy.
Date of stay: January 2020
TheDana, Guest Relations Manager at The Dana on Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our happy hour and property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

This hotel was located in a beautiful setting. The hotel restaurant with both inside and outside seating served good food and their staff were friendly and attentive. (Fernando at the made to order omelette bar was excellent!) . The pool and hot tub were well maintained. There is lots to do in the San Diego area and it is a beautiful city.

Date of stay: December 2019
TheDana, Guest Relations Manager at The Dana on Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Although this is an older property, the location and friendliness of the staff was perfect for our trip. The breakfast buffet at the Firefly is awesome, particularly the made to order omelets!!! We enjoyed our morning walks around the marina area!

Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed our property and breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon!