The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #62 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Loved our stay at the Dana. Excellent location. Loved the nice walks to the beach. The room was nice, quiet, clean. A couple of different places to eat on the property (didn't actually eat there, but the food looked good). I nice little gym. I place on the property where you could rent bikes, kayaks, and boats.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovethesun31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Woodland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were just guests at a wedding at the hotel. Great San Diego location on the bay and convenient to all the great places in San Diego. This is an older hotel but it does have two new buildings complete with balconies or patios on the bay. The older buildings offer smaller but well maintained rooms.

The staff makes this place. Everyone from Front Desk to Maids are friendly and very helpful. Our room was immaculate and came with microwave. refrigerator a Kerac coffee maker and free wi-fi. On site restaurant (Firefly) has outside service as well as inside and the view is great. The wait staff handled the wedding reception and could not have been nicer.

For the low price this is a great deal and we will stay again our next time in San Diego

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WoodlandHillsPtc
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Dana for a conference. It is a great central location where you can get to lots of places quickly. Very nice guest service people. Rooms are comfortable - beds a little hard for my taste, but nice linens and lots of fluffy pillows. Lovely location overlooking the marina and a short walk from sunset point. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mamahahn98
Las Vegas Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is actually our second time staying at the Dana. The first time was about 10 years ago with my wife. This time we had our daughters, ages 5 and 2, in tow.

The rooms had been updated since our last stay, which was a pleasant surprise. The location was perfect for a family of four, with a car, for a beach vacation. The property sit right next to the marina, which was fascinating for my daughters. They loved the boats.

The rooms were fine. Nothing I would pay more than $110 per night, which was about what I got, after parking, resort fees, and taxes.

Drive time to Ocean Beach, Belmont Park, and the San Diego Zoo were all a breeze.

In the mornings, we saved money by taking a short walk to the bait shop/ convenience store to get breakfast items like cereal, fresh pastries and sandwiches.

We never got to make use of the pools, but they seemed clean and just about always had people swimming there. My daughters loved the common area courtyards, plenty of room for them to run around and play.

It's not the Ritz, but this was a comfortable, clean, and affordable place to use as a base for our short stay in San Diego.

I would definitely stay here again, if I can get a similar deal.

Room Tip: First floor rooms open to a courtyard. Very nice, if you have young kids.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Island of Malta, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights during our honeymoon. I am coeliac (allergic to weath and gluten) and on the first night I checked with the restaurant whether they cater for such allergies. The restaurant staff assured me that they are very aware of such allergies and can provide meals for such allergies. The day after I went with my wife and ordered a beef steak and stir fried vegetables as a side. When the waiter came for our order I double checked and asked him to inform the kitchen that I am super allergic. The server, informed me that all items I ordered can be gluten free and he spoke with thw chef and came back to me to assure me that everything is fine. When the food came my wife and I were really happy as it looked really nice and well presented. I took a bit of my stake and and then when I tasted the vegetables I could taste soy sauce. I immediately asked the server and he addmited that there is gluten in my food. I am really disappointed with service. If the restaurant was not sure they shoulf have not taken the responsibility. I would definitely discourage coeliac people to dine at this hotel. They ruined our night. Completely diaappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Beautiful place and good location. We live in San Diego and were guest for a wedding. The staff was very nice and helpful. We had a room facing the bay witch we enjoyed. Enjoy the boat renting and take a trip out, priceless!!

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are very nice and quieter. Make sure you pick one that has the bay view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple