“beautiful room”

Ranked #47 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Brawley, California, United States
“beautiful room”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed the first 3 days of July. The price was great compared to everything else in San Diego. Room was in an older part of the facility but the rooms had been updated and were beautiful, bed was comfortable and wi-fi connection was great. The staff is friendly and helpful regarding places to eat and see. Walking along the bay front you have beautiful views of the ocean, plus you can see the fireworks at sea world. I highly recommend this hotel, in fact it was recommend to me by a friend who also enjoys the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Betsy A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel was our first stop during our first USA trip, and while it was ok, it was nothing special. We noticed there seems to be a nicer part of the resort; our room seems to have been in an old motel-style section. The room was clean and the beds were good enough.

The outlook of the resort was beautiful although the location is a bit far from San Diego itself, so best have a rental car. We did not visit sea World however it is very close.

Beware of the $9 per day 'resort fee' which seems to be compulsory and really only gets you wifi (also food discount vouchers but these didn't seem to offer any great value.

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the good resort section not the old motel part.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Took the train down for a day at Sea World. Decided to stay the night before at The Dana. Loved that they offered shuttle service from the Santa Fe station to the Hotel. This allowed us to travel without the child seat. Very happy about that. Don the shuttle driver gave us great advice on Sea World. Thanks Don.

• Stayed September 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We are from San Diego and booked a last minute night at the hotel direct from the website. The Dana's website had the best prices by at least $40. We were looking for some relief from the heat with the pool and air conditioning. This was our first stay. Check in was easy and quick. There were several agents checking people in. The hotel is more of the bungalow type. If you are looking for high end luxury and less intimacy, this isn't the hotel for you. The rooms were clean and adequate for the three of us. The air conditioning is a single unit, so it took a little longer to cool, but eventually we were comfortable. We enjoyed the k cup coffee as well. The pool was fine, although the water felt more like bath water. It's been hot for a stretch, so that didnt surprise me. Pool bar was busy and only one bartender. She did great considering how busy it was. We ate at the Firefly for dinner and breakfast. Service was good and our waitress, Paulina was exceptional. Would recommend this hotel to anyone as we had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KJMoran
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Love my room with the view and the cleanliness and attention to detail. At felt at home with the Keurig machine in my room. The bathrobes were a nice touch. I will definitely coming back to this hotel when visiting San Diego

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Aixaq
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel is a rip-off with questionable business practices:
My room cost $212 dollars a night (2750 Mexican pesos cada noche) and was prepaid for three nights ($635 dollars or 8200 pesos) At the not very friendly reception I was given a card with a list of eight items that I did not want but this is mandatory and they charge you U$ 9 a day for it (110 pesos) Then I was asked to give a credit card to be put on file with my room number. There was nobody to help carry our luggage to the room located in another building, The building where room 504 is located is an old typical 1970´s “Motel 6” trucker stop type with old stained carpets and room 504 does feel like the 1970´s. About five minutes after I arrived to the room, my Banamex debit card was charged 1350 pesos (about 100 U$ dollars) I went to the reception to ask why and they told me: “We need to check if you have money on your bank account in case you purchase things from your room”. They might think that people coming from Mexico do not have money. I told them that they had no right to charge my debit card without my knowledge. They told me that the money would be refunded after I leave the hotel. I think that this practice might have been illegal”. The next day at the reception was displayed a sign saying that the money would be refunded in ten days. Please see the photos. The electronic room card-keys do not have the room number on them, so when people forget their room number they tried to enter another room. One night someone tried to enter in our room twice, the next night a woman probably drunk made a very loud scene with her husband or boyfriend. Parking is another 250 pesos (U$ 20) a day. Next time I need to go to San Diego I will stay in a hotel Tijuana.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Boursay
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Took my family there for a week. Got a suite and it was lovely. Hotel restaurant prices were steep for what you get and the coupons they give you when you check in are not worth the trouble. would advise you eat out elsewhere for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher level, ground floor is not very nice, too much noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family