We stayed at The Dana almost a week. We took the advice of other reviews and paid extra to stay in the remodeled section. We were on the 2nd floor with a private balcony overlooking the harbor. Great view! Rooms have marble counters, a small frig, microwave, wet bar, a safe and a single serve coffee maker. We asked for only regular coffee by the 2nd day and were promptly accommodated. The beds were a little too firm for my liking but the rest of my family thought they were fine. The location is convenient to the highways and very close to Sea World. They have a complimentary shuttle to and from Sea World. It was nice, you can see the nightly Sea World fireworks from the hotel. Two swimming pools. Every night they show " Dive in" movies at one of the pools - G or PG films appropriate for kids ie: UP!, High School Musical, Cars etc.
The staff are friendly and attentive. The property was well kept - nice sculptures in the front. There's a walking path around most of the property so bring your running gear. They also have equipment rentals on property - bikes, kayaks etc. There is a nightly parking charge of $18/ day but we received a 50% discount on parking since we were staying so long. We really enjoyed our time there. If we go back to San Diego, we would stay there again - definitely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A waterfront resort enveloped by tropical landscaping, The Dana on Mission Bay delivers an exceptional lodging experience in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Rest comfortably in a well-appointed guestroom or two-room suite overlooking Mission Bay. Delight in such quality amenities as two outdoor, heated swimming pools, fitness center, private marina, and watersport and bicycle rentals on site. Our location is both family- and business-friendly. The Dana on Mission Bay is less than one mile to Mission Beach and Belmont Park. We're the closest hotel to SeaWorld San Diego and a short drive to the San Diego Zoo. And the San Diego Convention Center is equally convenient. In short, the only thing we overlook is the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelPower, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dana on Mission Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dana On Mission Bay Hotel San Diego
- Dana On Mission Bay Hotel
- Dana Mission Bay