“Easy access to freeways and Seaworld”

Holiday Inn Express Sea World
Ranked #166 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was at this hotel for business, but it is by far the closest to Seaworld. The rooms were very clean and large. I would suggest asking for a room on the East side of the property if you are a terribly light sleeper. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, especially when I had several deliveries from Fedex that took up a lot of room in their storage area. Definitely on my list for the next time I come thru town.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the east side, they are very helpful and accommodating...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Although there are short comings to this hotel (parking, pool), the location, cleanliness and staff make up for any problems. They are very nice to the children and offer assistance and advice about local attractions. There is a feeling of safety and the fresh cookies daily are a nice touch.

Room Tip: Not on freeway side.
1  Thank scarletd0g
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Requested 2 beds for our family got 1 bed they did change us for the 2nd night but what a pain breakfast was poor watched the lady working breakfast clean the counters then without washing hands poor cereal into the serving containers and touch it with bare hands to push it down so would shut then did a second bag of a different cereal took bag to trash and pushed it into trash then again touched the cereal with bare hands

3  Thank ktaggie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear ktaggie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel room was very nice and the location is fantastic! However, parking consists of a small underground lot that was hard to maneuver in our van. We ended up parking on the street each night. The pool is about the size of a large jacuzzi so we skipped going for a swim after we looked at it. The breakfast is in a little nook off of the lobby with no room to get to the food and very few tables. Since this hotel is right across the freeway from Seaworld it is packed with families so getting breakfast was a monumental chore. Also, the soundproofing is not that great. We could continually hear the family next to us running around and slamming their door. With all of the families, there were also a lot of noisy people in the hall. Some even stood outside our room having a conversation!

If you can overlook all of that, the hotel is about 10 minutes from Old Town and even closer to Seaworld. The room was very nice and internet service was good. Be aware when you get off the freeway to go to the hotel you cannot turn left onto the road that goes to the hotel. You will need to go to the light, make a left, go down a ways and turn around and come back.

Room Tip: If you are on backside of the hotel you can see the fireworks from Seaworld.
3  Thank Dragon28
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Dragon28,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went to Sea World for Spring Break, great location! I ALWAYS take clorox wipes with us when we travel. Our hotel room was SPOTLESS! The staff and management were very friendly and helpful. Thank you Holiday Inn Express!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beth B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Security harassed us the whole night and watched my wife undress I told management they did nothing.... Also the view was of a junk yard this has been the worst experience I have ever had I recommend the wyndam

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank tj82campbell
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Dear tj82campbell,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Diego, CA.

Orlando A.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

hotel is nice/clean and staff is very nice. The major issue is the location and parking lot.
I had to cut my seaworld night short being worried that I may not find parking. You can't even get your car out easily due the small spaces. I expected more for a ~$150per night. Who ever designed the hotel didn't think about the location/parking lot. I also had hard time finding the hotel due to its location; the street sign was even smaller than the store next to it. I would really recommend that management get a bigger sign and think about how to provide at least one parking spot per room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear M J,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to accommodate your parking needs. Your suggestion about larger signage has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Janice A