“Value for money”

Ranked #223 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Hillarys, Australia
“Value for money”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Hotel is old but for $67 a night for 5 people it is good value. Rooms are on the small side and a bit of a squeaze for 5 people. The first room we got the AC was not working but staff where friendly and shifted us to a better room. Great restuarants and supermarkets near by and close to Seaworld and short drive to Legoland, Zoo and San Diego. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed in the beautiful city of San Diego in October 2011 Loved the city and the people. Being from Canada the weather was great for us. The locals had jackets on. I was fine with a light hoody at night. Old town was by far the best for us. As a couple in our late 30's we did not hit up all the amusement parks. We did go to sea world tip look to see if your hotel has deals it's cheaper that way. Our hotel was nice enough. Our room was a king suite but I found it dark and quite far from down town. Rent a car if you stay in this area. This hotel was close to sea world and is perfect for families too far from the night life for me.

We had a little issue getting home with westjet and the hotel they booked us in was way better location to the things we like.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank happy_mexico
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I always read reviews before I travel. I saw quite a few negative reviews, but I thought I would give it a shot as the rates were excellent. I called the morning of my arrival as I was going to get in late. They didn't have the room I booked, but they quickly fixed the issue and I got the room I requested. When we arrived at 10:30 p.m. the front office staff was quick and efficient. The room, however, was a disappointment. When they call it a suite, it is not like other hotels. There was a half wall in the room separating the king bed from the bunk beds for the kids. The sink looked like it had small pieces of hair in it. I wiped it out and in the morning I heard the gurgle and sure enough it backed up and left the stubble from the last person's shave in the sink (we had a room on the bottom floor). The walls were paper thin (that is why I travel with earplugs) and you could hear everything going on outside and right next to you. One morning after I showered and opened the curtain, I called my husband because there was a bug on the floor (I don't do well with bugs) and it just happened to be a roach. It was the only one I saw - and believe me I was looking. On the plus side it was only $67 a night and there were no bed bugs. However, next time I think I will spend a bit more to get a bit more.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room so you don't hear the people above you.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank TulaKitty
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel near Sea World. The hotel is short drive to Sea World and other great San Diego locations. The neighborhood was nice and we found some very good restaurants within walking distance. We had a kids suite room, with bunk beds. The beds were all very comfortable and the room was a great size for the 4 of us. Our only complaint about this hotel was their parking spaces. The spaces are VERY narrow, making it hard to get in and out of your car and making it easy for door dings from the car next to you. We found some parking at another building of the hotel that wasn't as full as ours and where able to not park next to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
California
Reviewed December 15, 2011

And the ammenities are good. Two rooms, two televisions and a very convenient location.. However, I stayed on the bottom floor and could hear what sounded like a frat party going on upstairs for two nights. Plus the fans in the bathrooms need replacing, and I could hear the fan from the room upstairs. So, you may want to ask for a room on the top floor. Other than that, a great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank chutchi
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed November 30, 2011

...but I stayed at this hotel for almost two weeks and was very pleased. I highly recommend it. The room was huge (it had a bedroom and a living room) with two flat screens, fridge, microwave, pull out sofa, wardrobe, multiple dressers. The room was clean, I don't think anyone had stayed in the room before me since the remodel. Theres a hot tub and pool open year round. There's a commercial gym that offers free admission if you are staying at the hotel. You also cant beat the location with proximity to beaches/downtown.

Room Tip: they upgraded me when I checked in at no charge
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank roy8684
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel was a very big disappointment. It was actually a motel in desperate need of cleaning and updating. The area offers a large verity of eating establishments, and it is close to the theme parks. On the up side, this location does accept pets.
I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family