“A Wedding weekend to remember!”

Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
Ranked #220 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“A Wedding weekend to remember!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I honestly loved everything about this hotel. I had a very large suite that was newly redecorated, the location was perfect for all of my guest flying in from out of town and you can't beat the price. Everyone at the The Wyndham Garden was so hospitable. I had over 50 guest staying at the hotel and not one complaint. Everyday we enjoyed the pool, bar and a delicious breakfast by Dupar's. On my wedding day the venue was perfectly decorated and the buffet set up worked great.

Thank you so much for making my wedding weekend one my family and I will never forget!

1 Thank T S
bgraves, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Honeymooners,
My staff and I had a wonderful time serving you as well. Your entire wedding party seemed to enjoy the venue. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to host your big day...
We hope that your make The Wyndham Garden Hotel San Diego a tradition...
Brenda Graves

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Had heard good things about Wyndham, but after this experience I probably wouldnt stay in one again. Checked in late with our 2 year old and got to the room only to find we didnt have a crib as requested. Called front desk and was told there were none and that they didnt guarantee availability. Booked the room almost a month in advance and requested crib specifically because my daughter wont sleep otherwise, so was disappointed and didnt get any sleep first night. Also booked suite due to need for seperate area for my daughter and found that the sliding door that seperated the room was off the track and wouldnt close. Next morning realized also that neither tv worked, the door to the room didnt seal (I could see the sunlight all the way around it) and the refrigerator seal was cracked so there was water leaking onto the carpet. Went to front desk to find out about crib availability and tell them about all the issues and they said they'd get everything fixed. Front desk woman was very polite and helpful, but when we returned later the door still wouldnt close and the fridge was still the exact same. Second night we did have the crib, but at about 1am the person in the room above us walked back and forth over our heads for an hour before I called the desk to complain. Woman said she'd send security and the footsteps stopped for awhile, but started again by about 4am. When we checked out I told them how upset we were with the stay and they offered to take $20 off of our stay. $20?? Overall, very disappointed in the quality. Location is nice and Dupars restaurant was excellent, but I would never stay here again.

2 Thank jill t

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

chicago
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Clean rooms, friendly staff, decent prices. Not a strong Wi-Fi signal in our room. The hotel is built around Du-Par's restaurant, which has really good pancakes. It also has a community pool for the guests and a nice little bar too. We were there on a Friday and Saturday and we could see the fireworks from the pool. It was nice. Also Phil's BBQ is located across the street and the baby back ribs are extremely delicious. And there is also a swap meet next to Phil's that they have every weekend. It has everything you can think of. San Diego is awesome.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Diego,
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed over night for a wedding reception and had a blast. the staff was really cool and I was actually surprised how nice the room was. I can definitely recommend. Breakfast at Dupars was delicious. Try the pancakes they're bomb!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank David L
East Northport, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I live in NY and came to San Diego for 4 days to get my daughter settled at college. While here, my flight was cancelled because of Hurricane up North. I was informed by airline I would not be able to board another flight for 8 more days. Being a single parent, I do not have money for any unforeseen circumstances. I went to the front desk in tears and explained my situation to the Manager, Laurie Iona, and to the desk personnel, Jarrett and Brialonna. They were great.. Ms. Iona, worked with me and was able to put a roof over my head for the 8 days that I am stuck here.
Not only in this a clean, and centrally located hotel, but their hospitality was ounstanding and very much appreciated..

2 Thank susanb119
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was nervous before arriving at the hotel to see our rooms after reading about the bad reviews posted here. I didn't really bother with checking the reviews before i booked it. I just assumed that because it is part of Wyndham it should be nice and the hotel looked great on the pictures. When we got there, they had the rooms all ready and waiting for us an hour before check in time, they also made sure that the two Jr. suites I booked were next to each other as I have requested. The lady from the front desk offered extra blankets and towels right away as soon as she noticed that we have extra guests staying on the pull out. The rooms did not disappoint, it was exactly as expected and more,two flat screen tv's was an awesome. I don't know why they were getting a lot of bad rap about the service, but the maids who cleaned our room were great, there were no bed bugs ( first thing we did was check!) and the room was newly remodeled and clean. Sure the tv had only 21 channels but who wants to watch tv on their vacation all day anyway? The heated pool was also an added plus. Some issues, parking was difficult to find at night time and if other guests weren't talking outside our room in the hallway at 5am in the morning ( but that wasn't the hotel's fault, just some inconsiderate people who taught it was their business to be loud and obnoxious). We will definitely be booking from this hotel every time we are in San Diego. It is so close to Sea World!

Room Tip: Book with Wyndham hotel directly, they usually offer a better deal
1 Thank effeG
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked here after a HORRIBLE experience with an Expedia unpublished rate. We had stayed here earlier this year and after our experience with the other hotel, were VERY eager to return. We called and got a same day reservation for a reasonable price. Jenna was very friendly and helpful with the whole process. We got a beautiful renovated room that didn't make us feel like we need to bath in Purell. I love that this hotel is centrally located, feels like you are minutes from everything. No complaints here and we will return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple