If you're looking for a budget-friendly place just steps from the beach, this place is the way to go. However, it is not the most comfortable room I've ever stayed in. We were there during an unusually hot week in May, so after hoping to chill out for a bit in an air-conditioned room, we were disappointed to find out it was NOT working. It seemed to be blowing stale, warm air. Our bathroom did not have a fan either, so the extra humidity after showering did not help matters.
We arrived before check-in time, so the front desk staff was nice enough to let us store our luggage in the back for a few hours. However, after we were asked if we wanted top or bottom floor, we were still given a bottom floor room even after we asked for top. We were also given a room without a table/chairs on the patio (all the other rooms had them). Very small complaint, but still noticeable.
A big pro of this place is the salted (not chlorined) swimming pool just steps away from our room. The pool area could definitely use a few more lounge chairs, but there were not a lot of people using the pool to warrant a complaint.
A few evenings were a bit noisy outside (we had to leave our windows open to counteract the lack of AC), so be prepared to hear the hustle and bustle of the night crowd/partiers.
Overall, this is a great place to stay on a budget and to be walking distance from all the bars/restaurants... and sandy beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pacific Shores Inn is a quaint inn located at the north end of Pacific Beach. Many of the rooms offer some views of the ocean, and restaurants and shops are just a couple of blocks away. The boardwalk is a 2.5 mile stretch that will take you from the north end of Pacific Beach all the way to the south end of Mission Beach. As you stroll down the boardwalk, you will find ocean front shops and restaurants as well as the famous Belmont Park in Mission Beach. Bike, and surfboard rentals are located within two blocks so there is no reason to pack those items when visiting us. And, every room has a microwave oven, refrigerator, and a coffee maker for your convenience. Some rooms also have full kitchens for those who require that. Parking, and a continental breakfast which includes juice, coffee, and danishes are always free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pacific Shores Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Shores Hotel San Diego
- Pacific Shores San Diego
- Pacific Shores Inn Of Pacific Beach