Pacific Shores Inn
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$138
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmission blvdwalk in closetminute walk to the beachcrystal pierwalking distanceparking passmini fridge and microwaveamazing locationpartial ocean viewbelmont parkcouple blockscoffee makerbars and restaurantsbeds were very comfortablehotel roomla jolladefinitely stay here again
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Room was clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful - got us early check in on a Saturday in a room meeting our request. Staff brought extra pillows when requested. By far the place for the money in Pacific Beach.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at Pacific Shores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

That's what we are striving for. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked this hotel via Expedia for room with 2 queen size beds. However, when I arrived at this hotel, I got a room with 1 king size bed. I showed Expedia reservation document, staff on duty said all rooms were sold out so he could not change my room. He offers to place a roll-out bed so I couldn't but to accept it because it was already after 9 pm. But, he did not show up for an hour so I went to the check-in office to find out that there was no roll-out bed available. He said this happened before and he thought someone in the staff must have made mistake in processing information from Expedia. My family(4 people) had to sleep in 1 king size bed that night. The more weird thing happened next day. Since I booked for 2 days they had to change the room. But the staffs did not share the incident properly so I had to tell the same story twice for next 2 shift staffs. And I didn't see they felt sorry about their mistake.

Room Tip: Sleep in franchise hotel. At least they feel responsibility for their mistake.
4  Thank Luvdupre

This will not happen again after this year, because we are making every room minus seven with two queen beds. We are truly sorry for the mistake, and do hope your room change was easy and that you were happy with that room. Please know you are always welcome to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future with any reservation with of course a discount.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. The first room we were givin smelt like mildew. It was gross and dirty. The carpets were stained and they had tin foil on the burners. The small refrigerator was extremely noisy. We asked to get an updated room but they told us we would have to call the hotel to get an updated room. They don't reserve the updated rooms online. This does not make any sense since majority of people book hotels online. Finally the last night we stayed they gave us an updated room. It was much nicer than the other rooms. It felt like we were in a different hotel. It's nothing fancy but the newer rooms don't smell like mildew and they feel much cleaner especially the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Suzydonarski

I'm sorry about the first room you were given. We actually had this and a couple of other rooms slated for renovation before the summer, but we unfortunately ran short on time. But, the updated rooms are quite nice, and I'm sorry you do not think they are too special, but they really are to us. We have plans on completing all of the rooms later this year to match the room you just stayed in. I hope we will see you again next year!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We travelled fron San Francisco to San Diego at similarly priced hotels and this is my first "average review". The beach is beautiful and the location of the hotel is just one short block from the beach. You are charged for Wifi, the breakfast is pastry and coffee & tea with creamora, the rooms are dated, and the air- conditioning is noisy. We just used the fan since the nights were cool to drown out the noise. I have stayed at other dated hotels with no air-conditioning, maybe I expected more. They did have complimentary parking and the bathrooms were clean. There was also a pool but when you have an ocean steps away, why bother?

2  Thank Betsetta
jimsilver, General Manager at Pacific Shores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Yes, I guess a few of our rooms are dated, but they will all be new by this time next year, and we have already renovated about half. Each room is different when it comes to a/c noises, and we try to keep up with repairs for the big compressors we have located in our back alley. I hope you will try us again the next time you are here in San Diego. Also, our rates are very competitive in the off-season. Thank you!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just booked a room and called the hotel directly to inquire about the hotel ammenties. I could have book the room via hotels.com or another site, however, I thought I would contact the hotel directly to inquire about the property (first time guest) and amentities. We have a family reunion near by on Sun 7/21. The reservation person (I believe Tess), however, not as pleasant as I would have expected (kinda curt and in a hurry) and sounded impatient with my questions and could not explain why the original quote was not discount with a AAA 10% rate. I was quoted $269 and when I inquired about the AAA discount, and was quoted a rate of $259. This is not a 10% discount. Guests beware.

I haven't even checked in and I'm questioning whether I should cancel my reservation.

1. What prompted me to call this hotel, was that it was close to Kate Session park, newly remodeled rooms, the comments from other guests and most importanly, the general manager's attentiveness to guest comments addressing concerns and accolades. This leads me to believe that they care about customer service. I think the reservation person needs some basic training. I work for a call center and if I listened to my customer service call I would have not given a good score to the employee.

2. When I inquired to reserve the room with roll-away bed (website amenity), I was told about the $10 cost per night (not a problem) and that this could not be guarnteed due to they may be selling out. If I call to reserve a room, I would assume that the roll away bed would be reserved along with the room. If not, I would have to have a person sleep on the floor!! It was then recommended (at a higher cost) to book the 'last' suite available located by the office. When I asked about any noise of such, I did not get a straight answer. This concerns me.

3. When I was quoted the room rate of $269, I then asked what the rate was with a AAA discount, of which I was told $259. It should be a 10% discount with either AARP or AAA (hotels.com confirmed this for me as well), and when I question this, the reservationist did not seem to want to spend time on the phone with a potential guest/customer and said, 'thats what my computer is coming up with'. Not good.

4. I decided to call back to confirm if the suite was a newly renovated suite and the total cost with tax. When I called and spoke to the same person, she pulled up my reservation and mentioned that I booked 3 nights, I said no, it was for two night and she quoted the total price. I had to figure out the taxes on my own. I was also told the room was newly remodeled.

We are currently looking for another location as I'm concerned about what we will get when we arrive. I feel like the service was not very reseptive or informed. They do have a 72 hour cancellation notice.

2  Thank angel c

I do apologize for the confusion and the mistake it sounds like we made. If you would like to resolve these issues, please feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to assist you with your questions. Also, the suite next to the office is brand new and fantastic! It is our only true suite, and has a kitchen, and a very large bathroom with a separate shower and tub. Depending on how sensitive you are to noises, it is a little difficult to answer your question regarding noise. If your door is closed, then there should not be an issue, unless there is a disturbance of some sort in front. An example would be a group check-in. I do hope you will still stay with us and that you will contact me about a rate adjustment. Thank you!