Pacific Shores Inn
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$219
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsmission blvdwalk in closetminute walk to the beachcrystal pierwalking distanceparking passmini fridge and microwaveamazing locationpartial ocean viewbelmont parkcouple blockscoffee makerbars and restaurantsbeds were very comfortablehotel roomla jolladefinitely stay here again
Reviewed May 7, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
jimsilver, General Manager at Pacific Shores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is located steps from the beach, it takes about three minutes to get from your room to the shore. The pool was nice, they have a grill you can use. The room was pretty awesome too it was clean, comfortable, and well decorated. We asked for a single queen and got a double, but that's understandable as they were doing some construction. We had a table and chairs outside to enjoy the sound of the ocean. The parking is good. If all those new rooms will look like ours, it's worth the stay. The location is great too, there are some restaurants and bars near by, a grocery store and some fast food places. It's not a very long walk from any of these places. It's not far off from, The zoo, Sea World, or The Gas lamp quarter. I'd say a ten or fifteen minute drive at the most. The maids cleaned the heck out of our room, made up the bed, left us fresh towels everyday. We were impressed! The only thing I have to complain about was the breakfast. It was a little disappointing to wake up to an alright cup of coffee, and bite size pastries. I felt limited on how many I could grab, because I didn't want to take a lot of them and not leave any for the other guests. Mind you there is a Denny's and an I-Hop and a Donut shop near by the hotel if you're still hungry. I will absolutely return to this location in the future!

Room Tip: Northeast Block would be best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Location, location, location! Yes, we definitely have that, and, the rooms we are renovating are going to be nicer than any of the current rooms we have right now. It seems like each time we renovate, we seem to improve another level. We are far enough along with our current renovation to see that. I can't wait to see the finished product myself. I do have a need for some improvement with the complimentary continental breakfast, but at least we are using freshly delivered pastries from a local bakery each morning. We are considering options for this right now. I hope we will be seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and we were very comfortable. The fact that you can walk to pretty much anywhere in Pacific Beach and Mission Beach is a highlight. Grabbing coffee from the front desk and watching the sunrise was great. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very nice, (well except 1 office woman). There seemed to be ample and safe parking. I didn't swim, but my nieces said that the pool was good.

The price was awesome, and they are renovating some of the suites, can't wait to go back and see them when they are done.

The pillows could have been a bit fluffier....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I have lived here for more than 20 years myself, and I am still sometimes amazed by the sunrise over the bay when going out for a morning run. This is one aspect of PB that will never grow old. I usually inform guests that they could easily just park their car for their entire stay and walk just about everywhere. And, how else can you find out what there is to do here in PB? Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! We will work on that one employee.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have stayed at Pacific Shores Inn annually for the last four years. The location, so close to Pacific Beach is mainly the reason we have chosen this hotel over other options. You can't beat having the beach and boardwalk less than a block away. On a quiet night you can hear the sound of the ocean from your room.

Pacific beach area has all that you could ever need for your holiday. Lots of shops, restaurants, bars and amazing beach. Public transport is pretty decent in SD so you could likely get away without a car if you were willing to grab the bus and trolly.

The hotel is consistently clean, maid service is quick to service rooms and there are always lots of fresh towels. The beds are okay, bedding decent for the price of the hotel and TV etc. have always been in good working order. Yes this is an older hotel but it is obvious that the owners are try to keep it in good shape. There is always renovations being done to update rooms. This trip we noticed that there were severa rooms being totally gutted and renovated.

There are just a few small things that would take this hotel to the next level and those things would not be that costly.
1. The breakfast is really sad. It reminds me of the days when "free bresakfast" was first introduced in the hotel industry. The addition of a small cooler with yogurt and a bowl of fresh fruit coupled with more muffins and less danishes would make all the difference to the breakfast.
2. It is nice that you have a coffee maker in the room. Now lets add some coffee cups and coffee....again, this would add to the room and would not be that costly.
3. Invest in some technology for your office. Email confirmation is common in even the most modest hotels these days. It took me several weeks to get a fax confirmation of my booking. My overall experience with the booking process this time was frustrating. Got off the phone not feeling 100% confident of what I would get when I arrived. Felt like the front desk was not very receptive or informed.

So, in a nut shell, I would have no problem recommending this hotel. I have styed there at least five times in the last 4 years and have been satisfied each time. The price is right for the location. It feels safe and secure even on busy weekend nights and it is convenient access to the beach or anywhere else you wnat to go in SD.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jimsilver, General Manager at Pacific Shores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I do agree about the items you mentioned, and am in the process of acquiring free Internet. I am on a list of hotels that will have this eventually. But, three or fours years ago we didn't offer any Internet service. We are constantly improving, and I can see us perhaps getting more breakfast items in the future. We are almost finished with the renovation for this year, so the rooms that were in fairly poor in condition will be at least as nice or nicer that our remaining rooms. Thank you very much for continuing to stay with us!!

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The location was awesome! The beach was less than a minutes walk away. It is also near multiple restaurants and bars. Perfect location. Im not sure if we were in a renovated room but the rooms were large and nice. We had a patio door we could open and hear the ocean. The suggestions I have is in the bathrooms. There isn't a tub which is fine. But the shower was a half glass wall then an opening and the bathroom door opened to where it covered the opening. I'm assuming people have been using the door to block the shower opening because water gets everywhere either way. But I noticed the bottom of the bathroom door was rotted and tore up and the metal framing was rusted. Not a great look for how nice the rooms were. Also the wood lining on the edge of the sink was falling apart. My suggestion is a different shower set up or using a better quality of wood. Other than that our stay was very nice. The morning pastries were very good and the ladies in the office were very friendly. The man in the office not as much. But I am willing to stay here again hopefully in the other rooms with a front patio next time!

• Stayed: April 2013
jimsilver, General Manager at Pacific Shores Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thankfully, those should be changed out by next year. A designer we hired for the renovation of those rooms thought it would be a nice modern touch, and it was a great idea at one of our other properties. Unfortunately, the width of the shower is not as wide as the other place and with this being said, the functionality of the glass in pretty much ineffective.

If you would like to stay on the balcony side the next time, please just request a 2 queen bed type room on the north side. We are currently renovating those rooms and they will be completed by the end of May. Thank you for staying with us!