The location of this hotel is the best feature by far. It is located almost on the beach with direct access to the beach walkway. Additionally, it is walking distance to the hub of town - bars, restaurants, coffee shops and market. Since it is so close to the beach though, there are tons of people walking the area - so if you're looking for a quiet location, this is not it.
The pool was great and warm with easy access.
The room was not so great - shower was broken - could not get the water on, then would not get hot and then most problematic - the water would NOT turn off. The TV was also on the fritz - turned on by itself about 3am and continue to rise in volume - had to dismantle it. And the cleanliness and upkeep left a lot to be desired. Chairs and carpets were all soiled.
And finally, internet was not included - what hotel does not include these days?!?! And the so called free breakfast is not factual.
I did like Karla at the front desk - she was very helpful getting directions and suggestions. She was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pacific Shores Inn is a quaint inn located at the north end of Pacific Beach. Many of the rooms offer some views of the ocean, and restaurants and shops are just a couple of blocks away. The boardwalk is a 2.5 mile stretch that will take you from the north end of Pacific Beach all the way to the south end of Mission Beach. As you stroll down the boardwalk, you will find ocean front shops and restaurants as well as the famous Belmont Park in Mission Beach. Bike, and surfboard rentals are located within two blocks so there is no reason to pack those items when visiting us. And, every room has a microwave oven, refrigerator, and a coffee maker for your convenience. Some rooms also have full kitchens for those who require that. Parking, and a continental breakfast which includes juice, coffee, and danishes are always free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelPower and getaroom.com so you can book your Pacific Shores Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Shores Hotel San Diego
- Pacific Shores San Diego
- Pacific Shores Inn Of Pacific Beach