First, San Diego has mostly ma and pa hotel/motel, which may surprise you. All of the "chain" hotels, (Hilton, Sheraton Hyatt etc) are on the bay not on the ocean.
Now there are a lot of motels to choose from in San Diego (pacific, mission and imperial beaches), and I researched all of them. The photos on the web showed the motel to be a little out dated, but they all were. This motel offered more amenities that any other motel. They had a pool, offered free breakfast, was walking distance to the beach, and some of the rooms were renovated. (My second choice was the Beach Haven Inn)
We booked our reservations 9 months in advance, which it didn't matter upon check-in because we got whatever room was available.(our rate was $119 per night) The front desk was pleasant enough and the room was spacious for being an old beach motel. There had plenty of space for my 2 year to run around. The pool was great, because the wind on the beach was so bad it was nice to dip in the pool. Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular but I didn't have to pay $10 for a coffee and donut from Starbucks...right?
Overall the motel was fine, with the limited choices in San Diego I would recommend this motel to anyone including families. Just remember it is not 5 star, and you get what you pay for....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pacific Shores Inn is a quaint inn located at the north end of Pacific Beach. Many of the rooms offer some views of the ocean, and restaurants and shops are just a couple of blocks away. The boardwalk is a 2.5 mile stretch that will take you from the north end of Pacific Beach all the way to the south end of Mission Beach. As you stroll down the boardwalk, you will find ocean front shops and restaurants as well as the famous Belmont Park in Mission Beach. Bike, and surfboard rentals are located within two blocks so there is no reason to pack those items when visiting us. And, every room has a microwave oven, refrigerator, and a coffee maker for your convenience. Some rooms also have full kitchens for those who require that. Parking, and a continental breakfast which includes juice, coffee, and danishes are always free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Shores Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Shores Hotel San Diego
- Pacific Shores San Diego
- Pacific Shores Inn Of Pacific Beach