I spent three nights at the Bahia Resort for business in Oct.. I bet at one time this was a premier hotel/resort.
Just being honest here:
1) The elevators in my 5 story wing had issues on several occasions: didn’t work sometimes, wouldn't go to certain floors, closed/not working, etc. (I heard the maintenance man say to another employee, "well, they’re just getting old". Not what you like to hear.
2) My room was very large with a full kitchenette, however, old and dated.
3) The view from my room was great, right out to the bay.
4) Walls were thin. I was woken up by the room next to me using the shower at 5:30am, Sounded like they were spraying the water directly on the wall behind my head.
5) Bathroom tub had cracks, peeling, etc. Not unusual for an aging hotel.
6) Staff was great.
7) Large conference room/ballroom
8) Just a comment here, but my bathroom had the oddest placement for the toilet paper roll. Hard to explain, but just imagine reaching low behind the toilet, and underneath the sink. The designer of this "Contortion Exercise" should be shot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Resort Hotel is a welcoming waterfront property located on a 14-acre picturesque peninsula in San Diego’s scenic Mission Bay. Featuring spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and lush tropical gardens as well as friendly service and comfortable accommodations, Bahia Resort Hotel is the ideal destination for an authentic Southern California beach getaway. Impressive accommodations are key at the Bahia; guests may choose between our deluxe studios and suites, each with its own balcony or patio and a full range of amenities. Further room options include kitchenettes, direct access to the beach and views of the sparkling bay and our expansive tropical gardens. At Bahia Resort Hotel we ensure you receive all the comforts and amenities needed to enjoy your vacation. Staying at the Bahia grants guests easy access to an array of dining options, including our signature restaurant Cafe Bahia, which offer international cuisine served amid this indoor-outdoor tropical paradise. At our Moroccan-inspired Tangier Lounge, guests enjoy crafty drinks alongside a crackling fireplace and live piano bar. Beyond the Bahia, seemingly countless options offering an array of culinary experiences are just minutes away. For those seeking to spend their vacation on the water, Bahia Resort Hotel boasts an assortment of options. Headlining these choices is the Bahia Belle, an 1860s-era sternwheeler that tours guests around the bay nightly. Step back in time and enjoy a colorful sunset and views of the bay’s playful seals from the top deck, then prepare to kick up your heels as the vessel becomes a vibrant nightlife destination with live entertainment and a full-service bar. Additional nearby water activities include sailing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing and more though nobody will blame you for simply relaxing on our soft sand beaches or at our sparkling pool. Back on land, the Bahia boasts a fitness center, kids’ arcade, tennis courts and bicycle and Segway rentals. Within walking distance guests can also explore Belmont Park, an oceanfront amusement park featuring the Great Dipper, a wooden roller coaster and designated historic landmark built in 1925. Take in the picturesque views of the Pacific Ocean during a leisurely stroll on the boardwalk, go rock climbing, or play miniature golf in this popular beachfront locale. Traveling further afield is a breeze, as the Bahia’s location is ideal for those seeking to experience San Diego’s major attractions. The Bahia Resort Hotel is located directly across from SeaWorld and is within 10 miles from the world famous San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Downtown’s Gaslamp District and the San Diego International Airport. The Bahia Resort Hotel is owned and operated by Evans Hotels, a San Diego-based hospitality group that also includes the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa and The Lodge at Torrey Pines. The Bahia is a reflection of all that “America’s Finest City” has to offer ‒ from year-round perfect weather and soft sandy beaches to dazzling Pacific Ocean sunsets ‒ and we look forward to helping you create your picture perfect Southern California getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bahia Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel San Diego
- Bahia Resort San Diego