“Brazilian Carnaval Dinner Show at the Bahia Hotel”
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #29 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Me and my husband have been to the Brazilian Carnaval Dinner Show at the Bahia Hotel and it was a really nice experience! As a Brazilian, I can assure that the food is authentic and delicious! I can say the same about the performances, different dances, capoeira and a great Brazilian band! We had such a good time in a beautiful environment with a perfect sunset! Congratulations to Macarena and Kadi for the beautiful event!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliana_grotzinger
Write a ReviewReviews (4,134)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family has been coming to the Bahia and creating memories for 25 years, ever since our honeymoon. So, for us, when we arrive every summer, it's like going back in time. The "Bahia Bell" is still there, crossing the bay throughout the night, and my three kids, 20, 18, 10 years old, STILL get excited to "board" rustic boat. The beach outside our room is still spotless and smoothed over every morning, perfect for building sand castles, playing smash ball or just relaxing as we listen to the seagulls overhead and the rhythm of the wind playing with the riggings and the masts of the sailboats docked close by. We still begin our bike rides and jogs around the bay's boardwalk RIGHT in front of the hotel. Still soak our bodies in the perfectly heated hot tub/pool at the end of the day. Most importantly, WE CAN STILL COUNT ON THE MOST COURTEOUS AND HELPFUL STAFF I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. The owners should write a book on positive work culture. ( Either that or something's in the water!) We still don't have to worry about whether or not we can afford these accommodations though, because this hotel is built for "regular folks." Throughout the years, there has always been a room for our budget. ** The only thing that has changed is the décor of the rooms. They have definitely kept up with the times. However, when the my family pulls up to the Bahia, we get the same feeling as when we pull up to Disneyland. Both were built by family-oriented "visionaries." Both are timeless in all the right ways.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I am currently pregnant, expecting a child in three weeks. I decided
to bring my family to this resort for relaxation, but instead received
nothing but severe distress and my belongings theft. I arrived and the
room we had booked, with the front desk rep wasn't available upon
request. I checked in on July 5, 2014, and to my surprise the room
was a "shack". The air conditioning had a very bad odor coming from it
and made all types of weird sounds. I also noticed inside the
restroom, the toilet and bathtub paint was peeling. The carpet had an
old smell, definitely needs more than a regular shampoo. Curtains have
moldy looking particles all over it. To say the least I was highly
disappointed.

The following day my family and I were moved to the correct room.
Enroute of changing rooms, I was missing some of my property. I had
informed the front desk, and then was forwarded to housekeeping. Upon
speaking to housekeeping, they transferred me to security. Security
informed me that the front desk was the one to contact. Cindy at front
desk stated, " I am not disturbing my guests and nothing can be done
tonight" I explained the urgency and importance of my property. I
informed her this is my work material and I needed this item to return
to work the next day. Then she hung up on me. My very last resort was
to go on the floor of the room I was currently in. Reminder I am about
to give birth literally in three weeks, and I am going through this
horrible experience. I barely can even walk at this point. So I call
again to front desk to ask her to please send housekeeping to check
the room for my valuables. She informed me that I am "Loitering". Even
though I am still currently a hotel guest. This is the highest form of
disrespect. So now a loiterer makes hotel reservations and spends over
$500 for a 2-night stay?

One hr. and a half later still going through it!!! Housekeeping
stated, "my belongings were not in the room". THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST
RESORT EXPERIENCE EVER. EVERYONE THAT WORKS IN THIS STAFF THAT I CAME
ACROSS NEEDS TO BE RE-TRAINED, MAYBE EVEN SUSPENDED. I WOULD NEVER
STAY AGAIN AT ANY EVANS HOTELS. WHICH ARE “THE LODGE AT TORREY PINES”,
“CATAMARAN RESORT HOTEL AND SPA” AND THIS DISRESPECTFUL HOTEL NAMED THE BAHIA RESORT AND HOTEL.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Shaina G
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here with our grandchildren who had a great time1 They loved riding the Bahia Belle, playing by the beach, swimming in the beautiful pool and running down the many pathways that weave through the resort. Service was very friendly, we had a great room and food was great! Will come again...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie L
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff, great room, near bay and beaches. Enjoyed restaurant and lounge. Cruise on paddle boat was great. Liked being walking distance to Mission Beach and restaurants. Pool and jacuzzi were heated and very good.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ddvorovy
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed in much nicer places for less. Rooms were dated (clean at least tho). Their "beach" is a bay inlet the size of a small lake with some sand around it. Don't expect an actual garden view if you book a "garden view room"... Expect concrete, blacktop, a constant line of cars driving by and loads of people outside your door.... So clearly don't expect to open the curtains on ur untinted 1960's patio door unless you fancy people looking right in your room. Was a very nice venue for a wedding but for the average traveler, it was not worth the price they charge (especially since they are unaccomodating to discounts)... Take your money elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank G G
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel had an amazing amount of benefits. It was a ten minute walk to the beach and we could go swimming in the bay. Also my kids could participate in a kids activity event and the instructors were the kindest people and handled them very well. We also went paddle boarding for a very small amount of money. We got complimentary tickets for a cruise and two free breakfast buffets. Overall this was the best hotel I've stayed at!

• Stayed: July 2014