Bahia Resort Hotel
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$319
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$201
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$222
$181
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$408
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$221
$467
Fairmont.com
$199
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$169
4,317 results
All reviewsprivate beachmission beachbelmont parkrescued sealsbay view studiotangier barjulie deebroller coasterbay frontsea worldtennis courtssister hotelgreat resortsea lionslounge chairssmall kitchenfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just spent 3 nights at Bahia and loved it. Our room was beautiful, right on the water. Every staff person we met was friendly and helpful with every request. A special thank you to Kaylana W. for going out of her way to make our stay extra special! We couldn't have asked for a nicer time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the cove/ you have your own patio right next to the water/
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 4Que
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Bahia runs a great event service on their boats. Lindsay and Kadi made planning our event SO easy and great and helped me to work within our budget. All the attendees loved it! The boat is beautiful and a unique experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kaitlin w
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The bad reviews were there. I ignored them. Do this at your own peril!!

We arrived on Sunday June 8, 2014 with a booked reservation for a Bay Suite room through Expedia. At check in there was a guest arguing with the desk clerk about their accomodations and getting moved to another room. We checked in but when we got to the room we found out it was not a Bay Suite room. I called the desk and they confirmed it was not a Bay Suite room but they did not have anymore. Notice they did not bother to tell me that at the desk, they hoped I would not notice. The clerk said we could get a Bay Suite room for the next two days of our stay. He also said that we deserved (and they would support) a full refund for the whole night but that that would come from Expedia. I should contact them. This was a ploy to molify me, which worked. More on that later. The room we were in was very dark, musty, very dated. In-wall air conditioning units are always bad news. The next day I went to get my new room and there was another guest arguing about their accomodations and being moved. We got our new Bay Suite room which was OK. Dated again, but ok. We went to eat at the cafe which is by the front desk and ANOTHER guest was arguing about their accomodations and getting moved. Next morning my wife found a cockroach in the shower. The sliding screen door came off the hinges when we opened it. The TV guide on the tv did not correspond with what was actually on that channel. This is what we got for $229/night on a weeknight. When we checked out on Wed, YET ANOTHER guest was arguing with the desk clerk about their accommodations. This is not a scientific survey, but 4 known accomodations problems in 3 days should tell you something.

Lastly, when I called Expedia about the refund, they said that in fact the hotel, specifically one Mr. TONY RAMOS, makes the decision about refunds. His decision, of course, was no refund. But...this was the very person I spoke to on the first night who said I should contact Expedia about a refund! See the game. Expedia was no help. I dont usually book with them, usually Orbitz which have always been helpful.

I know it is hard to judge reviews online. Some are great, some are terrible. It is very possible the people writing the rave reviews about this place indeed had a great experience. I have had good experiences at hotels with some bad reviews. But to me, the number of people I saw having problems there very time I was there suggests a systemic problem at the hotel and suggest a high likelihood of a problem. Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank I3641GPrichardm
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Where do I start? I admit I was a bit skeptical at first before arriving. I didn't choose hotel- my co worker did when conference hotel was booked solid. I like to thoroughly investigate and research accommodations especially when I'm staying more than a night or two. I totally trust him it's that I have to say I'm not sure where all the negative reviews were coming from that I found online. I agree with others who say this is a hidden gem- maybe it's good to just keep it a secret so it's not over ran with tourists hahaha!! Seriously from moment we pulled up we were greeted in lobby. Our flights had us arriving quite earlier than check in which is 2. No worries- they stored our luggage, gave us a pool key and got our number to texts us when room would be ready. Which was by 2:30pm!! Impressive! Pool and hot tub were perfect temps. And for June gloom-- none was present all 4 days we stayed here. Props to the man for booking breakfast buffet with room and we ate every morning in the cafe-yum. Nice selection of fresh fruits, pastries, eggs, meats and waffles!! One day I ate off menu and was equally as pleasing. The grounds here are well maintained-lovely flora and greenery. Also Bahia has Gracie a rescued seal from back around 2004/2005. She's nearly blind and could not be released. Be sure to take a stroll near the cafe to see her in a special pool area. Resort is an easy walk to mission bay park, Belmont park- which is like a boardwalk fair with rides and games and the Pacific Ocean is right there as well. Plenty of off resort eateries and local shops too. This is a place good for families of couples or even large groups. Our suite was on the Bayview side and has it's own parking right by the door. Sliding doors open to small semi private patio with lounge chairs and view of bay. What else can I say? Oh the fitness center was great. I utilized it 2 of the four days and was very satisfied. They have a good selection of equipment for cardio and weight fans. Beautiful on resort courtyard that would be lovely setting for low key weddings. Near sea world and Lego land. Would definitely stay again should the opportunity present itself. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We loved our stay at the Bahia Resort! The location is perfect as it is close to the ocean and right next to the bay, but yet quiet enough to feel like you can rest. We also had wonderful maid service. Martha Nunez was very kind and very professional. I enjoyed getting to know her during our stay. We definitely will recommend the Bahia!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business