“Adequate hotel, average service in beautiful location!”
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #31 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Adequate hotel, average service in beautiful location!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel, patios etc are really pretty, location great and views amazing. A couple of things let it down - the service in the Cafe was slow, no one server looked after us and everyone seemed confused. In addition the noise from a wedding on Saturday night carried to our bedroom! It was all okay - but nothing special!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I found a great deal on the Bahia and I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay here. Great ammenities and close to all the major attractions. The staff was great but I'm especially appreciative of Esperanza who while I was waiting for the laundry offered me a place to sit and when I didn't have enough change helped me to get what I needed. Thank you for the very friendly and warm hospitality you provided Esperanza, you are a fantastic representative of the Bahia and with service like that I will definitely consider the Bahia next time I'm in San Diego!

• Stayed September 2013
San Diego
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The bahia resort is located at the Mission Bay drive and has two beaches on each side of it, both magnificent and absolutely beautiful. The only thing I didn't like about the beaches were the many algae. But that's just part of the nature and easy to live with it. The staff was friendly and renting stuff like tennis rackets or watersport stuff was easy and included in the hotel price. oh. and I loved the food!! great hotel restaurant and bar!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Westerville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here and attended a conference, and had a great time! I will admit that the facilities could use some updating, but the dinners on the beach, lunch by the pond, the seal pool for injured seals, and the beautiful views of the bay made up for it! You will enjoy your visit!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SF Bay Area
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was just down at San Diego at the Bahia Resort Hotel for a national conference on children in nature.
Check-In:
Although i had requested an early check-in and quiet room, several days before conference the room was not ready for an hour, but they did offer pool access key. Check-in was pretty quick and good service.
Staff overall was friendly and went out of their way to say hello.
Rooms:
The rooms have a dated look, but are in very good condition. The large glass sliding door didn't open easily though. Bed was comfortable and bathroom ok, but definitely older.
Because of the design of the place most rooms have a good to great view of Mission Bay. I was up on the 4th floor in Building 4 at the far end of the resort.
The room was anything but quiet though since the public park was right outside the room and skateboarders and partying young people were there till almost midnight each of the two nights. After that though wonderfully quiet. Great to watch to boats out on the bay. The palm trees outside were beautiful, but brightly lit all night long. Here I am in a beautiful spot with great weather so I want to leave the door open all night, but it was very bright from those lights.
The mini-kitchenette seemed well stocked, but was unused. Would be great for families with kids saving money by having snacks and maybe eating in for a light breakfast or lunch.
Bar & Restaurant:
Coupons for $1.00 Mojitos were well used (The staff gave us extra) and the staff at the bar was friendly. Restaurant a bit less so but not bad. Portions and prices were good. I had room service one night and when I called for them to pick up the tray I was hung up on. It sat outside the room for 20 hours. Not good
Pool:
Nice pool. Lots of families with small kids.
Grounds:
Landscaping, trees, flowers, bushes showed good care and were very nice. The beach areas were immediately adjacent. There are some areas to gather and lunch was served outside in a nice area one day.
Meetings Rooms:
Rooms are peculiar. Most of our time was on the top floor of Building six. Very small restrooms, horribly slow hydraulic elevator and no lobby outside of the room which would have been nice to have. Incredible view outside, but having to pull hard on the drapes to open and close depending on whether it was just folks speaking or a PowerPoint was a bit of a pain. Lighting controls in the room not in the right spots.
Food quality was good, but the group did not order enough of some things like juice in the morning (Not the resort's fault). One of the other meeting rooms had a bizarre layout that blocked group dynamics (Half wall and partially elevated section).

Green Features: Not good enough. Recycling bin almost hidden under counter. Besides signs for not replacing linens and towels, didn't seem much in the way of water or energy saving practices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Temecula
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night for some together-time. I didn't expect much due to the age of the Hotel--probably built in the 60s-- but we were pleasantly surprised! The grounds were absolutely magnificent--you could feel like you were in Hawaii--and the immediate surrounding area can't be beat, if you enjoy the Southern California beaches and bays: sand, grassy park areas, water toy rentals, and close to the historic Mission Beach and Belmont amusement park. The room was very spacious, nicely appointed, with a phenomenal view--and surprisingly affordable. Wonderful resort for activity; we went for a nice run, and played tennis--great courts. No need to travel for meals. We dined on-site, and it was amazing: great food, environment, service, and prices--lower than you would pay if you traveled to a comparable restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose the four-story tower facing the water, if you can--spacious rooms with very nice water view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I took my 3 year old granddaughter on a mini-vacation. I wanted somewhere close by with the feel that we had really been away. Then I remembered the Bahia. Although I had not been there for years I had remembered the good times by the bay when I was young and when my kids were young. I booked the Bahia for our mini-vacation. We had a room that was on the bay side and we could step out to the water - just as i remembered it. The people were friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate and considering it was right by the sand and the water, I was impressed. We had a reasonably priced breakfast served in our room and we enjoyed being able to relax, look at the water and have our breakfast. Dated, well I guess some of it was - but let's face it, where else can you be right by the water, walk to the waves if you want, and have water craft available all at a reasonable price and yet be close to everything. It was a bit of a walk down memory lane for me but I would heartily recommend it to anyone who wants a get-away by the water.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be right on the water there are taller buildings that you can be in. There...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family