Bahia Resort Hotel
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$209
$127
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$207
$279
$181
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$193
$169
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$305
TripAdvisor
4,327 results
All reviewsprivate beachmission beachbelmont parkrescued sealsbay view studiotangier barjulie deebroller coasterbay frontsea worldtennis courtssister hotelgreat resortsea lionslounge chairssmall kitchenfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was just down at San Diego at the Bahia Resort Hotel for a national conference on children in nature.
Check-In:
Although i had requested an early check-in and quiet room, several days before conference the room was not ready for an hour, but they did offer pool access key. Check-in was pretty quick and good service.
Staff overall was friendly and went out of their way to say hello.
Rooms:
The rooms have a dated look, but are in very good condition. The large glass sliding door didn't open easily though. Bed was comfortable and bathroom ok, but definitely older.
Because of the design of the place most rooms have a good to great view of Mission Bay. I was up on the 4th floor in Building 4 at the far end of the resort.
The room was anything but quiet though since the public park was right outside the room and skateboarders and partying young people were there till almost midnight each of the two nights. After that though wonderfully quiet. Great to watch to boats out on the bay. The palm trees outside were beautiful, but brightly lit all night long. Here I am in a beautiful spot with great weather so I want to leave the door open all night, but it was very bright from those lights.
The mini-kitchenette seemed well stocked, but was unused. Would be great for families with kids saving money by having snacks and maybe eating in for a light breakfast or lunch.
Bar & Restaurant:
Coupons for $1.00 Mojitos were well used (The staff gave us extra) and the staff at the bar was friendly. Restaurant a bit less so but not bad. Portions and prices were good. I had room service one night and when I called for them to pick up the tray I was hung up on. It sat outside the room for 20 hours. Not good
Pool:
Nice pool. Lots of families with small kids.
Grounds:
Landscaping, trees, flowers, bushes showed good care and were very nice. The beach areas were immediately adjacent. There are some areas to gather and lunch was served outside in a nice area one day.
Meetings Rooms:
Rooms are peculiar. Most of our time was on the top floor of Building six. Very small restrooms, horribly slow hydraulic elevator and no lobby outside of the room which would have been nice to have. Incredible view outside, but having to pull hard on the drapes to open and close depending on whether it was just folks speaking or a PowerPoint was a bit of a pain. Lighting controls in the room not in the right spots.
Food quality was good, but the group did not order enough of some things like juice in the morning (Not the resort's fault). One of the other meeting rooms had a bizarre layout that blocked group dynamics (Half wall and partially elevated section).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night for some together-time. I didn't expect much due to the age of the Hotel--probably built in the 60s-- but we were pleasantly surprised! The grounds were absolutely magnificent--you could feel like you were in Hawaii--and the immediate surrounding area can't be beat, if you enjoy the Southern California beaches and bays: sand, grassy park areas, water toy rentals, and close to the historic Mission Beach and Belmont amusement park. The room was very spacious, nicely appointed, with a phenomenal view--and surprisingly affordable. Wonderful resort for activity; we went for a nice run, and played tennis--great courts. No need to travel for meals. We dined on-site, and it was amazing: great food, environment, service, and prices--lower than you would pay if you traveled to a comparable restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose the four-story tower facing the water, if you can--spacious rooms with very nice water view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I took my 3 year old granddaughter on a mini-vacation. I wanted somewhere close by with the feel that we had really been away. Then I remembered the Bahia. Although I had not been there for years I had remembered the good times by the bay when I was young and when my kids were young. I booked the Bahia for our mini-vacation. We had a room that was on the bay side and we could step out to the water - just as i remembered it. The people were friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate and considering it was right by the sand and the water, I was impressed. We had a reasonably priced breakfast served in our room and we enjoyed being able to relax, look at the water and have our breakfast. Dated, well I guess some of it was - but let's face it, where else can you be right by the water, walk to the waves if you want, and have water craft available all at a reasonable price and yet be close to everything. It was a bit of a walk down memory lane for me but I would heartily recommend it to anyone who wants a get-away by the water.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be right on the water there are taller buildings that you can be in. There upper floors should have nice views of the water.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'm staying here for a conference and rented one of the "view" rooms. Overall a good value, but only average in terms of quality of the rooms and conference facilities. Finishes and fixtures need updating, but the rooms are spacious, the views are great. You are close to many attractions. The bay surrounds the property and the beach is within walking distance. The food served at the conference has been above average.

Room Tip: The photo is the view from the balcony of Room 143 where I am staying.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Resort was great. Location and amenities were great. Front desk Service SUCKED! Booked in for 3 days and lady at the front desk only booked us for 1 night??!! Even asked her if she knew what she was doing!! Had questioned that key pad where I signed, only said one night and had wrong number of people. She said that didn't matter, BUT it did!!!! After 2 nights wanted to extend and found out we were only booked for the one night! Had to change to another hotel and front desk people didn't believe our story. VERY inconvenient and offered nothing for the screw up, on there part!! If you stay get proper documentation of stay!! PS room cleaning happens between 8-5pm, got home and room still hadn't been cleaned at 4:30 PM!!

Room Tip: get proper documentation. Water front is very nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family