“Great Place to Vacation”
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #29 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Vacationed at The Bahia Resorts with my wife, We could not get over how gracious and friendly everyone was when we arrived. The guy Mike C on the front desk was so helpful he made us feel very welcome . We would recommend the Bahia Resorts to anyone looking to vacation in San Diego.

Room Tip: ask for the bay side
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomR571
There are newer reviews for Bahia Resort Hotel

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Last summer, my honey and I got married at the Bahia and had a wonderful and lovely experience. We were married on the beach as the sun was going down and had our cocktail hour and reception just a few hundred feet away. Lindsay Berthiaume was our wedding contact and I couldn't have been happier with the details and all the accommadations she helped us with as unfortunate events occured just weeks away from our wedding date. The property is beautiful, tranquil and just a short walk away from the ocean and Belmont Park which has the Giant Dipper roller coaster and other fun amusment park rides and games; perfect for families with kids visiting San Diego.
We are lovers of nature and were delighted to see the seal enclosure with Billy and Gracie who were saved and given a home at the Bahia. We highly recommend the Bahia for a romantic getaway, functions for business or fun or travelers here to see our lovely city. When in town, stay at the Bahia!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of their suites-it's like an apartment-very nice! Full kitchen and living room...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

LMA showed it's appreciation to employees by hosting a farewell salute on the Bahia - William D. Evans. The event was a success and a great time was had by all employees and their families. The Bahia staff provided excellent service and food. They also accomodated all of our added entertainment and worked with our suppliers to ensure that everything was set-up and activities were enjoyed by all.
Thank you Bahia Staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I would like to take 5 mins of my time to share my GREAT experience staying with Mike Cee and the other great crew @ the Bahia while out in CALI . I was feeling the NORTHEAST WINTER BLUES decided to take off for a few days, just to relax. Booked my trip at the Bahia and was greeted by a guy @ the front desk named Mike Cee you would have thought I was some BIG WHEEL, This guy couldnt have been any nicer or couldnt have done anymore to make my trip anymore pleasant. The whole crew there were very pleasant , rooms were very clean ,service was excellant and just a over all pleasure to stay there and will be staying there many more times in the future, ENJOY

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 799jimf
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a wonderful time staying at the Bahia Resort. Excellent staff, beautifully landscaped property and had a great time on the Bahia Belle. I must comment on one of your staff members - Mike C! He was the BEST and most helpful. He is extremely friendly and is a great asset to your hotel. I would highly recommed the Bahia to all my friends and family!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is our second time staying at Bahia. It's a clean property. The only thing that we didn't like was there were no door latches. A man came into our room without knocking. My husband just came out of the shower and I was in bed watching a scary movie. That's when a man opened our door. Scared the living daylights out of me. Ran outside he was in the elevator with the door closing when I told him what I thought of him. I called the front desk and asked if it was their policy to have men come on in. They said no and laughed it off. Put the chair under the door knob. Next time we'll stay across the street at The Hyatt. I here they have door locks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel consists of a number of buildings spread out over a peninsula that juts into Mission Bay in San Diego. There are a few single and two-story buildings that face the Bay, along with two five-story towers at each end of the property. As I was there for a conference, I was able to see a number of the rooms. The original room I was assigned was in the middle of the property overlooking the parking lot. It was indistinguishable from any Motel 6 room I have ever stayed in, small, dirty motel room, with the airconditioner next to the room door under the window. We've all been (at one time or another) in a bad motel room, and this was no different.

I returned to the front desk and asked for another room. The desk clerk was nice, friendly, and helpful, and tried to find me a room near the meeting rooms in one of the multi-story buildings. This room (classified as a small suite or something like that) was nicer, larger, with a couch and a small kitchen area. The bathroom was in need of renovation, but was not too bad. (My wife's comment was she would never take a bath in the bathtub, but it would be okay for a shower).

I went into two other rooms. The first was a friends who received one of the rooms facing the bay. That room was very large (a one-bedroom suite) with a large more modern kitchen, nice furniture, clean, no smell, really an excellent room. Another colleague had a beach-facing room that was spectacular, large, clean, also with kitchen and a great view. Each of these people booked at roughly the same time as I did and paid the same amount (the conference rate). Why they got the nice rooms and I got the Motel 6 room is anyone's guess. The key then to this resort from a room perspective then is to get a room that faces the water, not the multi-story building rooms, and to avoid the interior rooms like the plague.

The beaches are quite nice, with cabanas, and a nice marina. There is a hotel paddle-wheeler that goes out for a cruise each night. Friends reported that it was a nice bay cruise, though I did not go. The pool is okay, and the restaurants are acceptable. Overall, if you want to stay near SeaWorld, this is not the worst family hotel you could stay at. But do not under any circumstances accept a room on the interior of the property.

Room Tip: Exterior, bay and beach-facing rooms only. These are called "suites" but they are the onl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business