WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Buena Park, California
“perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a bay view room, for our honeymoon. The view was perfect & had a beautiful sunrise view from our bed. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were the best pillows I've ever slept with. The bathroom was also very clean and well stocked. The grounds were beautiful, and enjoyed walking through them. Scott was very helpful in making sure we had just the perfect room. We will definitely come back again. Thank you for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, and tell them what view you want. They will be very helpful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,104)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you want an inexpensive motel experience on Mission Bay, this may be acceptable, but be so warned - this is NOT a resort. It is basically a large motel. The lobby is your first clue that this is not a lovely space. The rooms are dated (even though I was supposedly in the renovated area) and very basic. I never felt safe in this "motel" as there was no double lock on the door, and the sliding door had no safety latch. Although I called three months in advance requesting a good room with a view of the bay, in reality the view was of a parking lot and public toilets for those people who camped below my window. This is unacceptable. I would not stay here again under any circumstances and if my meeting is scheduled here once again, I will raise a strong concern and not attend. Finally, if you do not have a car and you do not want to paddle around in a paddle boat, there is absolutely nothing to do. I am shocked that some people find this motel acceptable.

Room Tip: After talking with other meeting attendees, it appears to me that there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for a Saturday night after attending a wedding. Front desk staff was busy but made time to be nice. We were given a room on the ground floor in the tower and when we walked down the hallway we knew that the place needed some updating as the carpet is old and dirty. The room was clean but it too was very outdated. There is an old fashioned TV (I haven't seen a tube tv in a hotel in 3 years!) and the furnishings were old.
Perhaps the beach facing casitas are nicer, but management should spend some money on sprucing things up.

Room Tip: Stay out of the tower.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bsimonis
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. It was amazing. Not only was the room and the property absolutely gorgeous, my boyfriend and I were engaged there. He had called the resort a couple weeks in advance to prepare for everything, and they were amazing at setting things up the way he wanted them. We got engaged on the Bahia Belle. It was gorgeous. Everything was amazing!!! It was the most memorable experiences of my life. Our room had a gorgeous view of the bay and we definitely enjoyed it! Thank you especially to Jessica McCullough, who helped set everything up and made sure that the proposal went smoothly!!! AMAZING STAFF!!! Courteous, sweet and very genuine!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alta Loma, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating oufr first Anniversary. I found a special online thru one of the travel sites. I kinew of this place, we had driven past it in San Diego 2 years ago. It is on the bay with a great beach park right behind it. Also it is only a 5 minute walk from the small amusment park, Mission Beach... on the ocean. Small shops, sports bars and food. Plenty of relaxed fun.
I needed a king room but they were sold out so we decided to book a double queen anyway, online. Under comments I asked for a King bed if they had a cancellation. When we arrived, we loved the place, clean, right on the bay. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasent, Ashley was very sweet. AND they upgraded us! We got our king room, garden view for no additional charge. Under $110.00 before tax. Remember this is October. Good secure parking, Our room was great, Clean, King bed, couch & chairs, kitchenette, balcony with a view of the garden and the water off to the left.
We will stay here anytime we go to San Diego.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My experience at the Bahia was very good. The room I stayed in was dated, but very clean. I didn't care because it opened on to a private beach. We only ate at the restaurant for breakfast, but the food was great with good selection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I loved staying at the Bahia. The employees are pleasant. professional and accommodating. I had to switch rooms because I was traveling alone and didn't feel comfortable staying on the first floor. The room was beautiful and was in a great location but I didn't feel comfortable being on the first floor. The hotel front desk did everything possible to move me no questions asked and they had a full house. I moved and splet like a baby. I had a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the bay are great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business