Bahia Resort Hotel
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
4,374 results
All reviewsprivate beachmission beachbelmont parkrescued sealsbay view studiotangier barjulie deebroller coasterbay frontsea worldtennis courtssister hotelgreat resortsea lionslounge chairssmall kitchenfamily vacation
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The rooms were very nice at the Bahia. The room was large (we had a king and a pull out sofa) and the mini kitchen was wonderful. Refrig and freezer, microwave, toaster, stove and oven! It also comes with kitchenware. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night and there were multiple weddings going on in our building (the 600 tower across from the lobby). It was horrible! The noise coming from the music and people was awful. It went on past midnight. The walls were shaking it was so bad. I can't believe they put people in this tower with that type of noise. My husband had a race Saturday morning and had a problem sleeping. If you check in at the Bahia, make sure to request a room not in this building.

4  Thank scootermae16
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Since my spouse was attending a conference at the Bahia in early June, we assumed a windowless boring same-old grind chain-type hotel. We were so happily wrong! What we found was a tropical paradise, even nicer than their own website. The low room rate made it an incredible value for all we got.
After a speedy check in two hours early (thank you!) we parked next to our harborside room. We were thrilled with the kitchen suite with two queens, huge balcony, fully stocked kitchen (with seating!) and vanity. The condition was spotless. I could not find a speck of dirt anywhere in the kitchen or bath. The daily cleaning staff did even more than I expected, which included washing our dishes. I couldn't find a note to let housekeeping know we didn't require fresh linens every day, (to conserve energy), but I couldn't find such a note that is found in most hotels these days.
First night we strolled their extensive and mature gardens and marveled at the sheer quantity of lush palms, flowering trees and pond and fountains. We said hello to the blind harbor seals, now safe in a habitat at the Bahia. Checked out their nice giftshop and bought discount tickets to San Diego Zoo there, as well as some snacks and drinks. The lounge at the Bahia is really fun. Walk through a Morroccan door and you feel like you are in a movie set with crazy fan contraption overhead. I with we had time to dine in the outdoor restaraunt with fountain and fireplace and beautiful tiles. Maybe next visit! We continued the walk ten minutes to Belmont Park (amusement park) and California party beach, Mission Beach. Next day we also walked the 2.5 mile boardwalk to resort neighbor, Paradise Pier to check out their lookout tower, which we had seen from our room. We saw an entire wing of the resort is being renovated. They were putting in new rugs and furniture while we were there. In the evening we dunked in the awesome hot tub and loved the set up with lots of space, and tropical colors and music.
The conference room had the most gorgeous full window view of the charming bay with triple-decker antique paddleboats (more on that below). Also, the conference beverages, lunch and cocktail hour were fantastic, as were the staff. The view also showed a playground right on the sand for children and various rentals, including bikes, kayaks and sailboats.
Weekly beginning Wednesdays, the Bahia Belle vintage paddle boat cruises around the picturesque harbor (which we got a "free" evening cruise as guests). There is live music and cheap yet great cocktails and sanwiches on board. Guest get off and on the boat every 60 minutes or so. Or better yet, just stay on it for the night (adults only 9:30 til the wee hours).
We were less than two miles from Old Town. 40 miles to Legoland, two hours to Disneyland, 30 minutes to the Zoo (yes, we did all of these!) The hotel has a helpful brochure with directions to these and more. We will be back!

Room Tip: San Diego is a wonderful vacation spot
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank NorthByNorthwestNh
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at the Bahia for a conference last week and really enjoyed myself. The room (actually a suite) was clean & comfortable. I had a view of the bay, and the room provided a couch for lounging & reading. I think because the hotel might be older, the tub was also big enough to be cozy for soaking (many newer facilities have smaller tubs). The staff were very friendly and helpful at all hours. The business center could be expanded & made more comfortable for guests, as it is very small, but I was able to check email & use the internet whenever I needed, so this wasn't a problem (fyi, I didn't bring my laptop so didn't use their wifi & cannot comment on this). The facilities have two seals that they care for, which adds a very peaceful feeling to the location. I didn't visit the bar, but the restaurant was nice for breakfast. The staff run a shuttle up to the incredible spa located at their other facility, the Catamaran (although if you are a walker, you could just head out). Loved the spa, needed the cucumber water & massage. Being near the ocean, I walked 3 miles on the boardwalk the first night in town. Really good sushi right next door. I would definitely recommend the hotel & would come back, should I return to San Diego in the future.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KCSFCA
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Was told this was the best hotel on the Bay. Was extremely disappointed within minutes of driving through. !/2 to 3/4 of the resort was under construction. Very little parking at all unless you want to park under ladders and construction crews. Room was very dated, carpet stained, a little smelly. Look like no updated since early 80's. Every time someone in hotel turns on water pipes make loud noises, all night long. Private beach is tiny. Does not feel like a 4 star hotel. The only thing good about the room was the view. But don't plan on your sliding door staying open, it's a constant fight!! This was supposed to be our anniversary trip, wow how sad!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie0627
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We enjoyed our stay for the most part at the restort except for the non-updated rooms. We received a free upgrade to a Bay Front room which was nice because the sliding glass door opened out to the cove beach and our children loved the playgroud in the sand. The room was small and rustic (not refurbished since the 70s or 80s) and it felt like you didn't want to put your bare feet on the floor because the carpet was iffy, but I guess having a room that opens to the beach is what you pay for and not the luxury of a room. But all in all we enjoyed our stay and would most likely go back. It would be a lot nicer though if the rooms were updated.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family