“Best Customer Service I've Ever Had!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quality Suites Otay Mesa
Ranked #180 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Best Customer Service I've Ever Had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Once I walked through the front door of this hotel I was treated like royalty. The owner is nothing like what "benboard 10" review said. The manager talked to me too, but he was nothing but respectful and helpful. I'll come back to this hotel because of the manager.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

First off, it's NOT a comfort inn, it's Quality Inn, secondly, why advertise free hot breakfast if you're going to be so stingy that you just bring out two table spoons of eggs, four biscuits and a couple yogurts at a time when there's 20 people in the breakfast room. and they were more worried about refilling the water pitcher than the milk, food or higher end items. Don't be stingy, put it out there that's what's it there for. Pool was nice although day there was no towels, one day there was, one. Day the hottub didn't work but the second day it did. Rate was good but the property was half and half on the verge of being a good place or falling into disrepair, like the ice maker didn't work etc. The good part is the people where really nice and when you asked for things they got it for you ASAP.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel was disappointing to us before we even set foot in the hotel. First of all, the hotel used to be called Comfort Suites (they changed it to Quality Suites), and when we went to check in, after they informed us of the change, we wanted to switch hotels, because the manager at the front desk was trying to buy us into liking the hotel, he threatened to make us pay for not staying at the hotel. This manager would not stop talking, telling us "you will enjoy your stay here", "we have a pool, spa, fitness center...", "we have friendly staff"... It got annoying fast. When we got up to our room, the pullout bed didnt have sheets, so we had to call down, and the manager came up again and asked us about the room, how the view was (the back of a building)... So after we finally left the room for dinner, we found out the manager lied to us, by telling us the hotel was in San Diego. Well, we found out from our waitress, that the hotel is 30 minutes away from San Diego. The wifi was very, very slow.
Overall, a dissappointing hotel. Horrible manager, icky pool (comes with a dead spider), and we couldnt wait to move out in the morning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I being going to this hotel since 2000, then I stop for about 4 year because I change work areas.
now I am back and last week I stay in the hotel for about two days, First notice a change of staff and ownership. To make a long story short the room are looking dumpy. for example my room some of the lights did not work, my window did not haved a privacy curtain, ( those thin semi transparent curtain to let light in and have some what a privacy in your room) specialy when on a first floor. so I had to keep the window close at all times . third they put those freaking sensor that kills the light on a timer. so taking a shower could be some what of a ordeal. i was taking a shower and the dang light shut off. GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR trying to turn light on could be quiet the safety hazard.
I think i try the hotel next across the street, Holiday inn.
Joe

Room Tip: stay across the street on holiday inn I hear great thing about it from my co workers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank joe r
AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Our family flew in from Maui on a red-eye flight. We were all exhausted, hungry and anxious to find a quiet place to rest! When we asked if we could gave an extra early check in at 10 am, we were told "absolutely!" In addition, we were offered a hot breakfast, and they kept a fully stocked breakfast available until we were all completely satisfied!! We received a room with 3, yes 3 very comfortable pillow top beds with down pillows, and total peace and quiet! We slept like rocks, and we woke refreshed!

We found many delicious restaurants, such as Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, PF Changs, Red Lobster, etc, just minutes away. We went to the Otay Mesa mall for great shopping.

The next day we went to the Perfect Game Baseball Showcase and then to play in San Diego on the beach, which was only 20 min away. We even got a late check out! Everything looked brand new and was immaculate, including the in- room frig, microwave-- even landscaping!

I have stayed in many upscale Hiltons, Hyatts, Wyndhams, Sheratons, Omnis, and Ritz Carlton hotels. Our family has never been treated with such amazing customer service! We felt like royalty! We HIGHLY recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2012
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was my second stay at this out-of-the-way hotel. I was in town with my wife to visit her brother (incarcerated), and my oldest son (Naval officer). The front desk personnel always greet you with a pleasant, yet professional demeanor. The really care that your stay is a pleasant one. My only gripe is with senior management (owner ???). She watches everyone like a potential perpetrator. I guess the location (close to the San Diego/Mexico boarder) makes her a bit paranoid. She even roams the halls all hours of the night. Anyway...Clean large rooms, clean towels, comfortable beds, and a nice pool and jacuzzi awaits any guest that wishes to get wet. I will most likely stay here many more times while in that part of San Diego

Room Tip: Don't try to take food from the complimentary breakfast back to your room. The hotel manager get...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BENelson
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

this is a great hotel the rooms are immaculate (I stayed in 127) and the staff is the most friendliest hotel staff i have yet to encounter and i have traveled a lot. a pool and Jacuzzi to boot...its a winner you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: room 127 is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo