“Great value, so-so location, clean room w/microwave and...”

Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #161 of 279 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the decor of both of the rooms during my two stays which were about 30 days apart. After my first stay, I was very happy with the price and accomodations so returned a second time. Updated decor, nice beds/linens, good layout, lots of easy access outlets, nice clean looking pool, easy access to freeway (the 163), refridgerator and good wi-fi. I did not eat at the restaurant. several fast food establishments and I noticed several restaurants on the main street that look busy. I was usually eating near my training location so not at the nearby restaurants. I would stay here again. Less than 15 minute drive to SeaWorld area, without rush hour traffic, easy access to the 15, and 8 freeways. I will say when I drove up the first time, I was a little worried about my selection of hotel (looked older) but the rooms were very comfortable and updated.

Room Tip: 2nd visit I was right above pool and was worried about the possible noise from the pool in the eveni...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Charlie H, General Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your repeat stay with us. Not only is our hotel a great place for business travelers, we are a favorite for vacationers as well as we are centrally located with It is within 15 minutes of all that San Diego has to offer, including Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego International Airport, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego’s Gaslamp District, Historic Old Town and of course San Diego’s beautiful beaches as well.

Again thank you!
Reviewed August 23, 2013

When we checked in around 5pm on Saturday the 17th, the front desk lady was extremely RUDE. She did not greet us or acknowledge us. She looked up and looked back down on her computer as though she didn't see us. I stood there for a good 3 minutes waiting for her to call me to the counter, but no answer. We were all very tired from an 8 hour car ride so I walked up and asked if she was ready for us. She just said, "Yea." Even after she checked me in, there were no thank you or any kind of greeting. It was very unwelcoming.
The internet was very slow. This place is truly like a motel setting. The room smelled weird.
On the last night, they didnt clean our room, not even replaced any towels. When we came back to our hotel, we notice the "Do not disturb" sign on our door. We never put the sign there because we wanted housekeeper to change our sheets and replace the towels. so we figured that housekeeper was being LAZY and put the sign there so they didnt have to clean. When we checked out the next day, the same lady helped me and was still RUDE. If she hated her job that bad, she needs to find another job. The only thing good about the place is that the location was very convenient. It was close by a lot of good foods and not too far from SeaWorld or the Zoo.
Overall, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. I BET MOTEL 6 WOULD GIVE YOU BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank HelloitsP
First I would like to thank you for your time in posting your review. I would also like to apologize for your less than positive experience here at the Ramada San Diego. It is comments like yours that will help us understand what we need to know to do a better job in the future.
We had a Front Office meeting and we spoke about your stay and we all agreed that we will redouble our efforts to always be focused on hospitality and a positive demeanor with all our guests.
Again we thank you for your comments. If you would like to discuss this further with me directly please feel free to contact me, Charlie Holladay, General Manager, (858) 278-0800 or via email at charlie@ramadasandiego.com

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2013

In our top 2 (out of 4 hotels) in this California trip.

Well located, quiet, staff very friendly. Fairly good quality/price ratio. We would recommend for anyone (as long as you have a car - Typically 10-15 minutes from all major locations (zoo, Sea World, beach), and some nice restaurants in the surroundings. Spa and pool very appreciated at the end of our trip and after long days on the beach (...).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charlie H, General Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for posting your review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our oversized pool area.
Again thank you!