“Good, but it depends on what you are looking for”

Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #155 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Victoria, Canada
“Good, but it depends on what you are looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for 9 nights at the beginning of April. This was our first trip to San Diego and we wanted something with a pool that was not too expensive and not too gross. This hotel satisfied our criteria.

The location is convenient to most parts of the city. You could get downtown in about 10 minutes and most areas in the city in about 15 minutes from here.

The grounds are beautiful, really nice. Try and get an inward facing room it makes a huge difference in noise and perception. Though you will have to carry your bags further.

The rooms are nice and have everything that you need.

There are some things you need to be aware of. We were in the newest part right next to the pool and despite our room being updated the bathroom is pretty run down. It was clean but that does not get rid of the rust stains or yellowed plastic. The pool is not heated and was very cold. It was okay for me as I like a crisp swim but my kids only wanted to go in for about 5 minutes tops. I expect in the summer it would be nicer. There is nothing around here if you don't want to drive to it. I know my fault in location but coming from a dense Canadian city I was not expecting the complete lack of anything nearby that you could walk to.

Other than that this was a great place. Staff were friendly and they kept our room really clean. The pool was clean too. I recommend looking at the pics of the way the hotel was in the 1960's pretty neat!

Room Tip: Choose inward facing. You get the pool and no noise (well except for the fighter jets)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

For several years my husband was in and out of the hospital at Sharp and I often stayed here. I had not been back since his passing . I was pleased to see the many up-grades that had taken place in my absence. The new tile in the bathroom gave a very clean feeling to the room. The staff was friendly and helpful both in the office and in the courtyard. The price was good for San Diego. Glad I chose to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Woodland Hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this Ramada several times and have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and freshly appointed. The grounds are very welcoming with giant palms and other mature trocical plants and trees. The pool is large and inviting and central to the property. Pool hours are maintained to assure a good nights sleep. The resturant with bar on the property is serves southern style dishes that are just spicey enough to please most dinners. We always look forward to our next visit.
R Sowers Woodland Hills, CA

Room Tip: Many of the rooms on the upper floor have higher ceilings which is really nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN Seven Seas
BEST WESTERN Seven Seas
#145 of 279 in San Diego
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,440 reviews

Been to Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 5550 Kearny Mesa Road, San Diego, CA 92111-1304
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #155 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn And Conference Center Qualcomm Stadium Hotel San Diego