Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #157 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Saginaw, Michigan
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

A nice Ramada in San Diego area. After coming from Anaheim and having a bad experience at another Ramada. I was very nervous about staying; however, from the moment we pulled in to the parking lot, I couldn't compare. The front desk personnel was great and very helpful. Rooms are spacious, remodeled and have new furniture, the flat screen TV is a plus. The bathroom is okay with the stand up shower, but it was very clean. We didn't get housekeeping service, but we asked for extra towels and they got them to us in no time. I also received a call from the front desk asking if I got what I needed, which was a very nice gesture. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone traveling on business or with family. Worth your money!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nad_2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Every year I come to this hotel, they continue to improve the property a little each time. We chose this hotel several years ago based soley on price and location (family lives about 10 minutes away). But now we come to really enjoy ourselves in what is a friendly, traditional hotel with all the amenities that we've come to appreciate in a fairly priced hotel. We bring a cooler and use the fridge for hot days, and the microwave for popcorn and morning oatmeal. Even though they have a restaurant on premesis (which we do go to), we also have the option to sleep in and still have a bite to eat.

In our latest visit, Rachel at the front desk was incredibly friendly and even suggested a room facing the pool - nice touch! The flat panel TV was a Samsung - seriously, top of the line! Hello, Ramada! This is how you say you love me!

The room is clean, and was well maintained. The bathroom was clean and great. The charm of this being an older property is complimented with what must be a dedicated staff of people who really take pride in their job. Rather than the one coffee, there were several. It may sound lame, but it is those little details that really capture my attention, and it's so appreciated to not want a second cup of coffee and trudge towards the lobby beacuse someone in housekeeping was thoughtful and generous.

Anyway, for the price and what we get, this is a great place to stay. We've been here several years in a row, and will continue to book here.

Also, if you want a good pizza or sub, Broadway Pizza deliveres from their location downtown. Food is definitely worth it, and the menu and phone number is on a card in the room. There are TONS of restaurants up and down Convoy Avenue (nearby) to suit - literally - every taste, too.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we've stayed in were pretty good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TheAnth
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel was nice. It had hairdryer, iron, fridge, coffee maker. Rooms were clean. Very close to a lot of things. Staff was also very nice and helpful. I wish there were more hotels like this. Especially for the price.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Disneyfeind
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have stayed at this Ramada so many times, I should have a room named after me! Seriously, the management, the staff and the rooms are great, especially for the price. Any time I have had a complaint (nothing major) it has been addressed without delay and always with the utmost courtesy. The beds are great and the room is always clean. I will probably regret posting this and losing availability, but oh well! The folks who work at this hotel deserve it. Thanks Amy! and thanks Curtis.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor, but the hotel will respond if you have any complaints about noise. The be...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cheryl M
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed November 7, 2011

What a great surprise to find this diamond in the rough! After coming to San Diego for seven years and always staying at the same few hotels closest to my work I was a bit concerned to be shipped out to a Ramada Inn. Much to my surprise it was way better than the other Comfort Inn and Suites I had been staying in. It has this incredible charm to it that made me feel like I was at a ski resort. The Suites in this hotel were very spacious. Huge might be a word I would use. Frankly you could fit four roll away beds in there if you needed too! There was free breakfast ( not pastries and bagels, but an omelet bar, waffles, fruit...the works!) and free happy hour too! The staff was excellent and the hotel is centrally located. I will defintiely be requesting that my employer send me back to that hotel every time!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. It's just a few dollars more and well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Robinkennedyoshio
Corona, CA
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Not as fancy as the Hampton Inn next door but it was only 69.00 per night where the Hampton was 141.( AAA price). It didn't include the breakfast buffet like the Hampton but it had a nice buffet for 7.99 and remember the room is half the price. The main thing I didn't like was the 25" old style TV where most the more expensive places have the 42"widescreen flatpanel but we only stayed one night and it sufficed. Everything was clean and sparkling which I felt was more important than the tv. Couldn't spot any mold that others have complained about. Bed was comfortable. Had a selection of pillows in different softness. Nice scented soaps and lotions. Shower only, no tub so if you have kids you might think about that. If I was staying more than one night I would probably pay more and have more luxury, but for one night to conserve costs it was fine. We were there to attend a funeral nearby and it was only 5 miles from Miramar National Cemetery.

Room Tip: The rooms were smaller than they appear in the pictures but that is probably the case with most. Als...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne M
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Bad bad experience. Stayed here for a baseball tournament and the rooms were dirty, some had mold. My socks were brown after walking around in the room and the pillows were lumpy. I slept on my hands, so my face and mouth would not touch the pillow. The air conditioner was horrible and did not cool down the room. One room had barf on the floor, the other had mold in the room that made my friends daughter very sick. My room had a whole in the bottom of the door and I was just waiting for rodents to come into the room. Raccoons walking around at night. Manager Steve W (Wellington) I believe was his last name is rude rude rude. He said he did not care if we complained because it would not hurt his ratings. The rooms DO NOT look like the pictures. There are not flat screen TV's as shown in the pictures or at least not in the room I was in or the rooms of friends. I do not recommend this hotel.

I, along with many others left and went to a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: There are not any good rooms. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
curtisramada, Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Unfortunately the review of the condition of this guest room is completely false. We currently do not have/ nor have we ever received any comments/ complaints of holes in doors. The raccoons which were on property have been safely removed by professionals and have been relocated. The Ramada Conference Center has always maintained a preventative pest control measure to ensure that our guests experience is of the highest quality and of the healthiest conditions. The property has not received a less than stellar rating from the health department both for our rooms or restaurant. As stated this guest did not have a flat screen television, we are currently in process of upgrading the rooms which eventually all rooms will contain flat screens. The television in this guest room was in functioning order and cable was provided. In an effort to conserve energy the air conditioner was not on when the guest arrived and unfortunately did not cool in enough time to satisfy the guest. Our property conducts routine steam cleaning of the carpets to maintain optimal cleanliness standards. Our sincerest apologies that this guest thought our pillows to be "lumpy" but our pillow cases our cleaned according to standards and we fail to understand why this guest did not want her mouth or face to touch them. On a personal level my sincerest apologies that her and her family did not have a pleasant experience, but I invite her back to try us again.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels