“No Problems.”

Ranked #68 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“No Problems.”
Reviewed April 8, 2005

In light of some of the negative reviews, I was apprehensive about my stay at the Bristol. My fears where unfounded. The service was top-notch as was the room itself. Go to this hotel. Its location is excellent.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Reviewed February 23, 2005

Ok, so you might think this place is a 'cool boutique hotel' BUT it is NOT.
Of course, it is trying to ride the wave of popularity and project itself as a small/independent/boutique, but the execution is horrible.
Valet, Bell, Desk, Restaurant and Bar staff are all incompetent and clueless as to how to tend to the needs of guests. Part of what makes a boutique/small hotel appealing is the attention to detail and sevice oriented mindset. None of that here. I think it is either a management problem or an underlying pressure causing (under)staffed to just CYA.
Although it aspires to be and the staff are poorly trained and insensitive to visitors needs. It is unfortunate. The potential is there and the location of the hotel is good. Too bad there is an total lack of hospitality and attention.
For example-
-valet refused to bring my car to get something out of it because hotel uses a private lot down the street and the hotel would have to pay the lot to repark it!
-desk people uncourteous and lacked knowledge of general hotel issues.
-upon arrival bell guy left my bags in lobby for an hour until I finally took them to my room myself.
-restaurant service is deplorable, slow, and rude. food arrived cold.
I suggest that you DO NOT stay here, barring 10 positive reviews in a row. Truly a disappointment and unfortunate experience.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2005

Service was terrible. We stood outside for quite some time before someone finally came to help us check in our car-- after going to guest check-in twice. It was 11pm, we had our 8 month old daughter, and she was tired, plus it was cold.
When I initially made the reservation I requested a rollaway crib, nothing was in the room. I called downstairs and we had to wait another 30 minutes for that to arrive. We ended up just having her share our bed because the crib actually looked pretty dirty (rusty in spots) and old.
Our room had trash in the trash can, and just overall appeared dingy. We weren't impressed, and they should reconsider their rates until they want to at least make it a bit cleaner. I've stayed at numerous boutique hotels, and never have they been this bad.
The following night we got to enjoy the music from the street below because the windows are that thin.
The rooms were drafty and the heating worked poorly. Won't ever return.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel
The Westin San Diego
The Westin San Diego
#62 of 278 in San Diego

Been to The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel

Property: The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel
Address: 1055 1st Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Location: United States > California > San Diego > Downtown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#25 Green Hotel in San Diego
#27 Business Hotel in San Diego
#42 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
#53 Family Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel 3.5*
The Bristol Hotel is a boutique hotel located near San Diego's Gaslamp District and features a variety of amenities for business or leisure travellers. The hotel is a San Diego events and bridal shower venue and also offers meeting space, modern pet-friendly guest rooms, an on-site lounge, fitness center and valet parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bristol San Diego