The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$99
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$258
$169
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$177
$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$186
$181
$159
  • Breakfast included
$259
$219
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$168
$162
  • Beachfront
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$255
$176
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$213
$159
Travelocity
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$290
Hotelpower.com
1,295 results
All reviewsgaslamp districthorton plazavalet parkingwithin walking distancestreet noiseconvention centerthe gas lamp districthomeless peoplelight sleepervalet servicetrolley stoplocation was perfectwould highly recommend this hotelbalboa parkmini fridgeearplugshybrid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Located right in the heart of the downtown area, convenient to everything including the trolley and the train station. Clean, friendly hotel. We went to the Civic Center theater just around the corner. With their prepaid rate, very reasonable. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Bob,
Thank you for such a wonderful 5-star review! I am so glad that you took advantage of our value-special offers and that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, the Civic Center is around the corner and they offer some of the best live theater and entertainment in the downtown area and for nightlife the Gaslamp Quarter and Convention Center are only a few blocks away.

On behalf of the Bristol Team, thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel and we will look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We blocked 15 rooms here for a recent conference and everyone from our senior execs to general staff were very pleased. It is clear the hotel is old and in some places may needs a little repair but it almost gives it some character. For the price we paid I would defiantly recommend The Bristol as the location is great and the staff is helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face 1st street as it can be loud for sleeping.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kristan P,
Thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel for your conference and from reading through your review, I was glad that you had a successful meeting and that you enjoyed your stay! As you already know, the Bristol Hotel is all about our professional and friendly service, value, and great location, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. On behalf of the Bristol Team thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This Boutique Hotel in a very central part of downtown San Diego was such a huge bonus for us to find. The corner room 607 was beautifully appointed and had huge windows with a great view of the city. We opened the window ( nice perk) at night for fresh air. It was not noisy. When we walked in we said WOW! They even provided bathrobes!

The front desk staff, a lovely lady whose name I cannot remember, was very efficient and friendly and went out of her way to give us a very early check in. She said she was quite new to the hotel, but one would not know it as we watched her multi task her job with several guests arriving at the desk at the same time. Thank you pretty lady.

We decided to eat dinner at the hotel Bar & Grille. Another WOW. I had the pasta with barbequed salmon - the best I've ever tasted, it was fresh not frozen, and my hubby had his all time favourite Meat Loaf. We cleaned our plates completely. They had a fabulous wine - Leese Fitch Cabernet and we enjoyed 3 glasses of that. The young female server was so cute and attentive and she was definitely a good will ambassador for her hotel. A happy employee always gives good service!

We had an early flight and the hotel chauffeur Moe took us to the airport in his immaculate Town Car for less than it would cost us to drive in a well used city taxi.

We just love San Diego and it is our first destination of choice in sunny California. No Los Angeles for us. Would we stay here again? Definitely. We will be back for a longer stay next time and we will book directly with the hotel again. We find it's not cheaper to book another way. We always get the best, and correct information directly from the hotel.

We travel for about 60 - 70 days per year and we have stayed in many over rated dumps that we have found on line. Not the case here. It's a TEN.

Room Tip: maybe ask for a room at the back of the hotel - we thought street side might be a tad noisy but they provide ear plugs....we did not need to use them....
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank silvergal_12
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Silvergal,
Thank you for writing such a lovely 5-star review! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your guest room 607! This is typical of our types of rooms: functioning windows that allow fresh air, nicely appointed, and clean and spacious with the comforts of home; i.e. Complimentary Wi-Fi, mini bar/snacks, in-room safes, robes, slippers and so much more.

Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and courteous reception staff, our Chef’s fine cuisine, and our Town Car driver, Moe, for exemplary service, he will be delighted to see his name in print!

I am here to assist you with future reservations. Please feel free to call me or send me an e-mail at grizzi@thebristolsandiego.com the next time you are planning a trip to San Diego.

On behalf of the Bristol team, thank you for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I don't even know where to start I really loved this place! I will do a list

Pros:
Location- 15 minute walk to Little Italy & 10 minutes to Gaslamp District
Decor- Very vibrant and Modern
Bed- SO comfortable
Shower- Looks small but its perfect and fits 2 very comfortably ;)
VERY helpful & friendly staff
a little jar of cotton balls, q tips, makeup remover. nice touch.

Cons:
I am very weird about a/c and I always need it ON lol in my room 807 it wasn't very powerful and after a shower everything just felt humid.

Valet (pricey) but has in n out privileges so that's nice but My husband forgot something in the car and the attendant looked annoyed and asked us why we said we weren't going to use our car if we were.....clearly we weren't using it nor did we plan to forget anything. (we even tipped him after he brought out our bag!)

Mini Bar convenient but pricey PLUS 20% service charge YIKES most expensive water and can of soda lol but we were too lazy to walk to 7-11 ;)

while this isn't really the hotels fault but its nice for people to know there are TONS of transients in the area...pushy and lewd (think laying on the ground scratching his privates!)

I found the best rate on the hotels website. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 807 in the corner had a nice view of downtown and partial water view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Nicole P,
What a nice review and I was pleased to read that you will be one of our loyal, return guests. Thank You! I am so glad you enjoyed our central location within walking distance to the Gaslamp Quarter and Little Italy. I also appreciate your mention of our comfortable beds and the "extra touch" amenities we offer. I will have the air conditioning checked in room 807 to be sure it is functioning properly and I will speak with our valet company. Like every major city, there are some transients, but I assure you that the area is very safe and secure.

Nicole P, thanks again for a nice review and we look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel label itself as a boutique hotel, but it did not "feel" as a boutique hotel at all. Location is good; close to, but not in the gas lamp district (which can be noisy). But I guess some people had complained about noise - what from a distant looked like candy on the bedside table turned out to be earplugs! A first for me.

The lobby is large and unremarkable. The room I got was nice and large, and modern. The windows opened which is a big plus - but only one would close....

The room also had a "honor bar", e.g. a fridge. I don't know what was in the fridge since it was locked and I was not provided with a key at checkin.

But the real problem with this place was the bathroom. At some point, the fixture must have been replaced or repaired, and the tiles around the fixture was completely different than the rest of the shower, different size, style and color. The shower head sprayed water all around the place, except on me. The shower also, at one point, would have had dispensers for bath gel and shampoo. Luckily they did have proper soap and shampoo, but the mounting brackets for the dispensers where still attached to the wall. Ugly. And the ceiling was just raw, unpainted plywood.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear psjofors,
Thank you for your recent posting. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Bristol’s ideal location within walking distance to the Gaslamp Quarter for those guests who want to enjoy the nightlight and restaurants. Like every urban city, there tends to be exterior noise and we thought earplugs would be a welcoming touch for those guests who may be light sleepers.

We are also pleased you enjoyed your large and modern guest room. We were able to research several of your concerns and found that you were assigned to a room that is equipped with several standardized ADA features. We recently completed some repairs to the shower and several tiles had to be removed and then replaced. Unfortunately, some final touch-ups were not yet completed due to a scheduling problem and we are now in the process of having it re-painted and will have the desired finished appearance soon. I am sorry you were unhappy with the form of your bathroom. Upon further inspection, the bathroom ceiling that you referenced is a paneled ceiling that has a blonde color wood finish. I can see where you may have mistaken this as being unfinished because of the light color appearance. Our engineer looked at the shower apparatus and it is working fine. This is a removable, hand held showerhead wand and the brackets that you are perhaps referring to are actually the “grab bars” that one would find in a ADA equipped shower.

I apologize if you had a less than pleasant stay and I would like to make this up to you. Upon your next visit to San Diego, I would be most grateful if you would give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. I assure you that you will have a pleasant and enjoyable stay at the Bristol Hotel and I will personally select your guestroom. My e-mail address is grizzi@thebristolsandiego.com.

In closing, thank you for your valued comments and I look forward to hearing from you.